IRS - need to speak to a representative

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I need to speak to an IRS representative about my Federal return. I know I can check the status online and by phone but I need to speak to somebody. The numbers I've tried don't give me an option to speak to anybody. Gives me the status and disconnects. Does anyone have a number that will let me speak to a representative?? I've tried 1-800-829-4477 and 1-800-829-1040. The local office doesn't give information over the phone. Thanks for any advice.

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i am in the same boat i need to speak to a live person and only numbers I can find are the same you have and always just give me what I already know. Grrr...

3. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

It's so aggrivating but at least I know I'm not alone. I thought maybe I wasn't going thru the correct options. I'm sure by now I've tried all of them. The recording gives the hours representatives are available to speak to you.....but doesn't connect.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

5. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Yay!! A new number....I'm going to try it right now. Thanks!!!

6. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Firefly - thanks for your help. I did get thru to a representative with the # you gave. I stayed on hold 25 minutes but it was worth it.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

If the number doesn't work you can always do what I do when I need to talk to them. Just claim a deduction that you donated $30K to the 4042 Freewill Cowboy Church. They will contact you in no time.

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to check the status of your state refund check? I found the federal and it should be in my bank tomorrow.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

http://www.dornc.com/

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

You're welcome! Glad you finally got someone!:cheers: