Water Filtration System Rentals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AppleFritters, Feb 22, 2012.

1. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

I live in rural Selma and many years ago I rented a filtration system fom a company out of Goldsboro that has long since gone out of business. I am on well water so I was wondering if anyone knew of a local company that does these type of rentals and services the unit or maybe suggestions of where I could purchase one at a reasonable price. Thanks.......

2. 27577

27577 Guest

brita, from walmart. about 20$

3. AppleFritters

Thank you. I am looking to filter at the source before the water enters the house but thanks .

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We use an under the house filter that attaches to the water line before it comes to the water heater or the house. It's not expensive although it can be a PITA to change the filter. I can't remember the brand, but it does a decent job with the iron and particulate matter from our well (sand!). They are available at any hardware store. I would think this would be cheaper than renting something, I could be wrong.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

6. AppleFritters

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I was looking for.

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

You're welcome. I hope they are still in business and can help you. We moved away from that house about 11 years ago, but they were awesome for the 11 years we were there. We had iron BAD! Ruined everything the first time I washed clothes. After they put the system in, it was much improved. Good luck!

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Is the water that bad in Selma? I have a well with no filter and every time I get the water tested they say it is better than bottled water. 100+ feet of earth does a great job filtering water.

9. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Kinetico Water Systems - Free water testing | kineticonc.com

There is an office in the Garner/Raleigh area (across the street from Kmart on Hwy 401) Not sure if they rent them but they should be able to point you in the right direction.