What's going on in our area as far as live music?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWright, Feb 20, 2012.

1. DWright

DWright Guest

how can i hear some of their songs?

2. DWright

DWright Guest

I'm sure you are right about that. We just have to find them and get 'em out of the house!

What is TBH?

3. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

TBH=To Be Honest

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

5. DWright

DWright Guest

wow. that's a good version of "knockin on heaven's door" I like it more than Mr. Axel's. It' calmer or as we say more chilled out.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

I play in a group named Brakeout. We play mainly 80's metal. Kiss, Judas Priest, AC/DC etc. We have had just one gig thus far but are looking for others. Here is a link to our Facebook page. Become a fan if you like what you hear. We will also play parties as well as clubs.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brakeout/199808050048328

7. PirateGirl

Thanks, DWright! That's my DH on lead vocals and guitar! 8) They are really good and put on a good show. They have a new "front man" who really gets it!

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Bud Moffitt plays at Mulberry on Main about once a month. He's going to be there this Saturday night. Saw him there a few weeks ago, he is really good! Plays a lot of J. Buffett and 70's classic rock music...We will probably go back this Sat night to see him again.

9. PirateGirl

Love Bud! Good guy and he "gets" the whole local music scene...Long story short, owners of Mulberry were looking for a rock and roll band for a private party. Bud told them that obviously that was not his genre but he knew a great group of guys...he referred them to Stone Creek. SC has also thrown him some gigs when the clients were looking for Bud's style of music. Bus is a great musician...all-around nice guy!

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

what time does he start playing?

11. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I think Bud starts around 7:30 and plays till about 10:00 or so. Last time he had another musician to play during his break time. A young lady who played guitar and sang some songs she had written. Very good, she had a sort of Alanis Morrisette sound..

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We should have a little 4042 meet up up there. That would be cool. DH and I both LOVE all kinds of music.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I would like to go, but we have plans to go on a winery/dinner thing from noon til 5pm......not sure I'll feel like going out or passing out when we get through! :lol: but maybe another time!

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't do this Sat either.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Johnny Orr is at The Flipside tonight.

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Bill Lyerly at The Aviator tonight.

17. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Benefit show in Clayton Friday Night

FYI...Mulberry on Main in Clayton will be hosting a benefit show this Friday night from 8-11 for a local woman who has just begun her batter with stage four colon cancer. She works for Wayne County Schools and her husband is a local high school teacher. They have three young boys and will greatly benefit from the money raised. There is NO COVER, and a portion of the bar take and a portion of the money the band makes including their tips will go to the family. Come out if you can!

Visit the link below for more info on the acoustic duo performing. click on "events" and find the Mulberry event for more info on this benefit show.

http://www.facebook.com/ErinNenni