Pinterest....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Alright, now you people are sucking me in. LOL. I'm ready to turn over to the "dark side." Someone send me an invite. I know I will totally regret this later.

Oh, the main reason I did not sign up was b/c they put you on timeline for facebook. When is fb officially switching to timeline anyhow? Thanks.

My DH will probably kill me for this one. LOL. Too many cool projects on his "time off." I had peeked at a page or two and fell in love w/ these built in bunkbeds. Wow! Yep, I'm ready to try this. My homeschoolers may regret this. Wish me luck!

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

3. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Inbox me your email and I will send you an invite :)

** Oh and to link it to your facebook you will have to go to the new timeline.. Which after awhile I started to like it... Makes it easier to find post and game info and such.. Like ALL your pinterest post will be in there own little spot!

4. 1_more_PitBull

Also for new people to the site.. Don't freak... To get the how to's and the recipes all you have to do is click the picture once.. Then it will pull up another page.. Then click it again and it will take you to a different web site with everything you need to know.... It took me like a week before I found this out! lol I was getting mad cause I seen all this stuff I liked but didn't know how to do it. Duh me!!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'm on Pinterest, but I have not had to switch my FB to timeline, which I don't like BTW - so I hope they (FB) do not force everyone to switch.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

if you click on 'About' at the top right, you'll get a drop down menu, click on Help and it'll explain how to use it and set-up your accounts.

7. AnnetteL

Thanks! I had been wondering about how to see recipes etc.

8. AnnetteL

Thanks!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

March 1st. Everyone switched.

And as far as Pinterest, I do not post all my Pinterest interest on FB. It's kinda annoying and redundant actually. You just unclick the "pin to Facebook" red box when you go to "pin" something.

10. 1_more_PitBull

When you go to Pinerest to login do you click login with Facebook?

11. KellBell

I do not. And I unclick 'post to facebook' when I am pinning.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I thank you for that! LOL
    most of my "feed" is so and so ... pinterest .... blah blah blah :lol:

13. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

agreed...didn't have to switch...and i'm still using the old MS Office too until they have a padded room ready for me...stupid xlsx...docx...pptx...urgh.

14. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i think it's in your profile somewhere about the facebook stuff. mine doesn't go there unless i specifically tell it to.

15. 1_more_PitBull

Maybe that's what causes the switch to the timeline. Cause that is what I do.

16. KellBell

Facebook and Pinterest are NOT related in anyway. I don't understand why y'all are confusing the two. :confused:

The only 'relation' is that you can post (on Facebook) what you pin (on Pinterest). Just like when you are on YouTube. You can post the video (from You Tube) onto Facebook, if you choose. They are in no way related, connected or causing a timeline issue.

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Boycott the "Facebook"

18. 1_more_PitBull

Well I DO know that people I invited through FACEBOOK.. They went to Pinterest and clicked Login with facebook and it changed their page to the new timeline.. I did not say they were related. Other friend that went to do said something about changing to the new timeline. IDK don't really care. I like the new timeline.

19. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

@kellbell if "JD" is your husband then "JT" is mine LOL :lol:

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I like pinterest ... kinda throws me to have complete strangers 'following' my pins, but I guess that's par for the course. There are some fascinating ideas out there - crafts, recipes, places to visit, things to do or try.