False advertising

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lightningmcqueen, Feb 24, 2012.

1. lightningmcqueen

lightningmcqueen Well-Known Member

Beware of the classified ad for "Clayton mowing." He claims to treat his customers with respect and prides himself with no contracts or haggling. The no contract part was a saving grace as he didn't do the job that was asked of him and I told him I no longer needed his services. A year later and I'm still getting harrassed by him for being let go. Save yourself the aggravation and go with a reputable lawn company.

2. lightningmcqueen

Yes, I think so. He used to go by Sullivan and Sons Lawn Care.

3. lightningmcqueen

Certifiably so. Still getting rude, threatening emails and it's been almost a year since I've dealt with him. Thankfully I'm saving all of the one-sided correspondences just in case.

4. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Did the Son have blonde hair and skinny?

5. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

Wow. Good to know. Thanks for posting this.

6. lightningmcqueen

Not sure. He's the sole employee I believe.

7. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Oh it sounded like someone I know with that last name... And I was going to say he is kind of out there. But he is young like 25-30

8. Shame on those who think it is ok to trash my business. This business was set up to help pay for my two son's therapies. They need speech and OT. I have three children and are two disabled. I pay my taxes, have insurance, and treat my customers well. I'm not lazy and I do not threaten people. My lawyer has advised me to ask you to stop this slander. I was fired from the pool because they delivered the mulch a day early and the fact that you still had weeds 6 weeks after I started. My wife's father had just died at that time and I skipped a mow because I had to take care of my kids while she was making arrangements for her dad. I'm just trying my best to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. I pray that you will stop harassing me. What good is it doing all of you? Leave me and my business be. May God bless you all.
    Thank you,
    Jim Sullivan

9. There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

damn,, thought groundhog day was over

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

how much for a sewing machine??

12. 27577

27577 Guest

if you dont buy it he will harass you and tell you about his kids problems!

13. I'd rather talk to you about your problems.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This isn't going to end well. :lol:

15. I did not start this and a really do not appreciate all the comments. This peeon is being rude about my kids too!!! Not cool. Back off people.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Actually, your behavoir on here pretty much confirms what they were saying. :cheers:

Good luck with that.

17. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

You probably should have stopped with your first post; point taken. But seriously, it is difficult to take stock in anything you have to say, after this post. Just sayin'...:?

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

In his defense, he is taking a personal pounding on a public board. It's pretty hard to do that gracefully. But I agree with the poster above me, he should have jumped out after his first post.

19. Thanks. People are seeing this and calling for estimates. Picked up two customers just today from these posts. Funny how things work out.

20. It's all good.