Plumber's Cost - Hooking to JoCo Water

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Feb 28, 2012.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know the tap fee is $1370.............anyone have a ballpark on what a plumber charges to do the hookup? I know it will depend on how far the house is from the line (prob close to 300 ft). Really tired of dealing with well water.

Plumber recommendations? I know of Thornton's and have no problem calling them.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband did the hook up for us back when we got connected to county water, I'll ask him tonight.
    Even though county water is a step up from well water it's not much of a one!
    Had our water tested three weeks ago - extreme hardness,high in chlorine,even found bacteria :ack:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Girl, I'd like to just be able to count on it when I turn the tap! It's been a PITA for the 11 years we've had it. It's so freaking deep anytime anything happens, it's $$$$. Now we are having issues with the stuff under the house too, not to mention a nice touch of iron in the water. I would still filter, but dang.

4. AnnetteL

He thinks that it would be around $500-600 for a plumber to do so,unless it went way up since then.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the info! Is he available should I find the $$ ?? :mrgreen:

6. AnnetteL