where to stay in disney world

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by emismom, Feb 28, 2012.

1. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

can anyone recomend a place to stay in florida at walt disney world. i have a 4 month old and a 5 year old so we are trying to find somewhere to stay that has childrens activities and is located in disney world.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Check disboards.com, wealth of information :)

3. emismom

yay!! thank you

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

We went at Thanksgiving. Stayed at All Star Sports. least expensive and nice. Kids your age would probably like All Star Movies. We stayed there when jr. was 7. Toy Story section was very cool.

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i used to work at allstar resorts and it is the cheapest but they are nice, better than most places i have stayed in.

6. emismom

thank you i will be looking into that one

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

This.

One thing I'll add is the idea that you won't spend hardly any time in your room so don't go crazy spending on something you won't use much.

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

and to add to that, if you're gonna drive yourself, look into staying off disney (and use the back entrance to get to the TTC parking, then grab the free disney buses anywhere you wanna go.) If you're gonna fly, stay on site, cause the disney bus will pick you up from the airport up till 1 or 2 am and take you to the hotel directly. it's worth that hassle of not having to rent a car. Plus you get extra magic hours.

But if you're looking to budget it, I'd stay off site, there's some great campgrounds, hotels, and motels in the area that are very efficient in providing shuttles to the parks. And whatever you do, be wary of anything that sounds too good to be true. think of every question you can and write them down now when it goes to ticket sales (if you plan to purchase or receive discounted tickets) there's a lot of scams and "special requirements" for discounted tickets.