Signs at Interserctions at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cassliles, Feb 29, 2012.

1. cassliles

cassliles Guest

Has anyone noticed how bad it's looking around the intersections of 40/42 where there are tons of signs advertising everything from mattresses to plumbers? Isn't there a sign ordinance for this area? As a Realtor showing potential clients the area for the first time it often looks junky and less appealing than it could. Anyone know the sign ordinances for the area and if they're in place, why they are not enforced? Thanks!!

Cassondra Liles, Realtor
    (919)523-5065
    www.YourGarnerRealtor.com

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

You are correct! What an unsightly MESS!!! Unfortunately, some realtors are the worst offenders.

But I'm sure you're not one of THOSE!!! :)

3. cassliles

cassliles Guest

Don't disagree a bit!

:cry: Realtors are pretty cognizant about putting out and picking up signs only on the weekends though. Someone from the county should just go by there and pick up each one and call each person and them if they find another one it will be a $50 fine/sign like they do in Wake Co.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

but but but...dont we all need credit repair?

5. cassliles

cassliles Guest

Nope :lol:

6. ServerSnapper

but but but.....don't we all need a used king size mattress and a free bag?

7. Wufpack99

Wufpack99 Guest

As far as I know there is only a sign ordinance within the city limits of Clayton so that's why you don't see them taken down or people fined.

8. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

YIKES!! Please don't make our home any more like Wake County...

9. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Wait until November.......

You could always recycle them. Take apart carefully, reverse them, re-staple and use them for garage sale signs.

10. Wufpack99

Wufpack99 Guest

:iagree:

11. ServerSnapper

la leyenda continua!

12. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Of course there are sign rules at the county and state level

We had our charity signs removed by each enforcement level. Call county planning and DOT Wilson (I think) to get better answers.

13. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

not sure if they are still there, but CSR & Allen there were like 30 signs put up by the "Amish" alone.
    It looks cheap and trashy and keeps me from going in there.

40-42 is the same for me esp by Cookout I will just be a passerby until they pick up their trash.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Amish store...despite their 5000 signs! :lol:

15. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I was sitting at the light the other day, waiting to turn R onto 42 from 40E. I counted fourteen signs plus one bum before the light turned.

16. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I dont' know the exact wording of the ordinance, but the planning and zoning department has gone out to collect the signs. Problem is they don't have the staff/resources to police the county the way they would like. We were told that anyone can collect them and dispose of them. Something about them being on right of way? public space? And I think I remember something about it falling in the same category as littering? Sorry I can't remember anything more exacting.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i really need to get there, keep hearing great things

18. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Which is why I have been thinking, maybe if the businesses who plant the signs pay a bum to hold a sign for a couple of hours, it would be a better idea?

As a side note though, I guess the cheap advertising of planting signs help some of the local businesses continue through these tougher economic times?

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Got to have credit before it can be repaired.

20. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

oh well

I "found" 4042.com as a result of seeing a sign at that intersection in early 2004.