Fast Med Urgent Care...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Mar 2, 2012.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

So... DH and & I had to go yesterday for a work "mini physical". As some of you kow I am DEATHLY afraid of needles <shudder> and haven't been to the dr in YEARS!! I gotta tell ya'll they were the nicest people on the planet. The nice young lady who took my blood was SUPER DUPER!!! She told me everything that was going to happen BEFORE it happened and I didn't feel a thing. Dr Amanda said she'd fax over our cholesterol results today and she did! Just like she said she would.

If you are looking for a great Dr. Go see 'em.

Oh, they are beside Just Tires @ 40/42

That's all.... :mrgreen:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Told ya, dh & i see Dr Wanda Godrey up there & she is our family dr, we absolutely love her! Even though they are an emergency walk in facility they are also a private practice, love them:hurray:

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The JB Hunt of Dr's

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

They've done great work on all of us. And we've had some "odd" issues in this household. Nail through a knee comes to mind. LOL. One of my kids really doesn't feel pain. The nurses there are great w/ the kids too.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly what is that supposed to mean?

6. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

They are a great bunch!! I went there one time and threw up all over two of them and all over the floor!! No big deal was what they said!! Dr Godfrey is my doctor and I just love her. She is an excellent doctor. We should be proud to have them in the 40/42 community! PAT

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Seriously:confused:

8. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

be carefull Buzz

I've heard too many good things about this palce to put them in a category like that. I drive a truck and implying that is not good. Please splain Lucy.

9. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

We've used them since we moved here in 2005. Dr. Godfrey is a Board Certified Family Physician. The PA/manager "Rey" has been there since I've been going there and he is great, too.I have not had a bad experience there at all.
    If I have a question, I call and they tell me whether I should go there or straight to the hospital.
    Wouldn't go anywhere else. :hurray:

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

be careful?? Right,, well it does appear my assumption that urgent care facilities aren't where ya go for a regular Dr. because its the first step they take out of school to get experience is off track a bit.

Good to know they have a great rep. keep up the good work

11. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I didn't have a great experience there with the urgent care part of the practice. The staff was very nice, however they didn't diagnose me very well. I went in with a very nasty cough after my toddler sons had both been diagnosed with a respiratory infection (RSV), which I told the doc. They sent me home with no meds and no diagnosis. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room the very next night in respiratory distress and diagnosed with RSV and adult croup by the ER physician. Not sure how Fast Med missed that. Then a few weeks later the respiratory issues still weren't getting better. They got bad over the weekend so I tried the urgent care one more time. They didn't test me for anything, but did send me home with a mild antibiotic. The next day I went to my regular doctor who told me they should have given me stronger antibiotics based in my recent medical history. Turns out I had pneumonia, which they should have tested for and did need a specific type of antibiotic to cure it. I feel that they could have worked harder to diagnose me. Even when they did give me meds, they weren't what I actually needed.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

They recently changed to FastMed, but (for those who didn't read all the postings), Dr. Godfrey has a private practice inside of the FastMed umbrella. She is a long time reputable dr in this community. As for the Urgent Care, i have only had one recent experience there since they changed with a family member and could not have asked for a better experience.

13. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaci!!! I have found Dr Godfrey to be an excellent doctor with solid credentials. Love her nurse too. We're fortunate she chose to practice in the 40/42 neighborhood. Pat