A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I'm lost

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You're in Myrtle Beach.

3. ServerSnapper

Touche'

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I recently discovered wheat-thins and OMG they are addictive!!!!!

/step away from the wheat thins/

5. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I have a sibling getting married in a couple of months. I do not like this siblings fiancee for many reasons and I do not want to go because I do not support the wedding. Probably makes me sound like a bad sibling, but this person has proven not to be who everyone thinks they are.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's a tough row to hoe, but if you can, go there to be supportive for your sister. We all make mistakes. :grouphug:

7. ServerSnapper

I like em with good hummas.

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

How far away is this wedding? If it is local, I would go, just because my family is involved and I like spending time with my family. If it requires traveling, I would pass. We learned the hard way that traveling far away is just a pain, expensive, not worth the emotional investment if it is not something we support. We have been hurt too many times making a trip, thinking we may be important to someone, and being disappointed that we are not. So, bottom line, if you will not enjoy yourself, just decline politely; you have other plans. It doesn't make you a bad sibling; you are all adults, yes? Then you can make your own choices, and no one should judge you.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

support your brother, no matter what.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. SunShine26

They will judge me. It hurts my feelings that my entire immediate family is included in this wedding except for me. Ive already had words with my sibling's fiancee and because I told them how I felt, I was "talking down to them." They've lied to me over and over and I'm tired of it. I think my sibling is making the wrong decision...I really do. Their fiancee talked about getting married the whole time they've been together and went so far as to having their mother buy the ring they wanted. I feel like my brother was pressured into asking her.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

By "everyone", do you mean you're the *only* person who sees her as she really is?

Speaking only as a third party with no information aside from what was in your single small post...

Are you sure you're not just being overly critical? Could it be that you, in wanting to protect your brother, may see things in a certain way that makes the fiance look bad when, if you look at it from another way, it's more benign?

12. SunShine26

No..other people in the family have made comments as well; including my parents. Oh and not to mention she's also lied to my parents.

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Then what did you mean by "everyone" when you said:

14. ServerSnapper

so what did she do?

15. SunShine26

Sorry...guess what I meant was, everyone in the family sees the "sweet and innocent" side except for those of us who are around her more than others and see things and pick up on things that she doesn't realize. She wants me to like her, but I cant like someone who's going to continually hurt my feelings and only come around when it benefits you.

16. SunShine26

It's just the simple fact that if you tell me you are going to do something, I expect you to do it. I do not expect you to make excuses and then when I tell you how I feel, turn around and make me out to be the bad guy.

17. ServerSnapper

ok. This just sounds like your feelings are hurt because you feel she hasn't given you attention like she probably did before. Just be glad for your brother. THis isn't about you. It's about their wedding and being happy. Don't make it about you. Let him shine a little.

18. SunShine26

I honestly do not care if I have attention from her or not. But don't continually lie to me and then make me out to be the bad guy. How would you feel if your brother's fiancee told you she wanted you in the wedding and then turned around and included everyone but you? That was a slap in the face. That's lying. Then when she's confronted about it, she makes excuses and just tells me I'm jealous bc her wedding will be better than mine. Really? How did that get turned around into jealousy?

19. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

A little Godsmack to get through the last part of the afternoon of work!

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

:iagree: