Chemical Burns?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cmdknw06, Mar 21, 2012.

1. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a good shampoo or anything to combat chemical burns on my scalp?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What is it from? A hair color or perm? I'm allergic to perm solution (haven't had one in years) but a good coating of a cortizone cream with aloe helped. The aloe part is important.

3. cmdknw06

Color. Apparently the "master stylist" didn't advertise herself correctly. Won't the cortisone with aloe make my hair greasy?

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Given a choice between temporary greasy hair and permanent no hair, I think I'd opt for the greasy hair.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm just telling you what worked for me. Not Neosporin but a cortizone cream. And no, the kind I used is not greasy, I put in on the scalp, not the hair. Put it on at bedtime and it should feel much better by morning. At least that worked for me.

6. cmdknw06

Thanks so much!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Pleasnatly suprised after the lunch discusion i just had. Sulfuric acid splashes, yes some of my lunch discusions do help cut down on the caloric intake!

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

looks as though you had high test liquid lunch, lol

9. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

aveeno makes an oatmeal shampoo i believe.... or try a very mild baby shampoo and be gentle!

and don"t do whatever you did the first time again!!..ouch!

10. cmdknw06

I didn't do it. A licensed hair stylist did it. She also advertised herself as a master stylist....

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know who did it or what, but to be fair, it's entirely possible to have a reaction that is NOT her fault. I never know what I might react to and it's unfair for me to blame the stylist when it happens. I usually warn them ahead of time that I can be sensitive and they will take steps to limit any chemicals getting on my skin. If this is the first time it's happend to you, I don't know how that would be her fault.

12. cmdknw06

She dyed my hair orange...and left stuff on there too long. Then continued to put stuff on there after I told her it was burning. Pretty sure it's her fault!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And that may well be, but you didn't post that to start with. 8)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Now, now!! You know I need a talkin' to evey now and then! :jester:

15. cmdknw06

Sorry didn't think about it...too much dye in my brain.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's all good! I've been burnt up before and it's no fun at all!!! Feel better!

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

she lied. I have been dying my own hair, relatives, and various friends for years. When I person says it is starting to burn, you check the scalp for redness and then rinse it off if it bothers them. There are different levels of peroxide for various uses and to obtain certain colors. 20 volume is in your standard dye kit but a stylist can use up to 40 volume to get a brighter and/or lighter color. If you have never had a problem before, it could be because it was a different peroxide level. Try to find out what she used...so this does not happen again. I would stick to a mild shampoo until everything is back to normal.
    Feel better!!