Another Sheetz

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Mar 22, 2012.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Bethel Church Rd & NC 50. Public Hearing notice is up before vote.

2. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

I thought that there was a post about Sheetz at 42 and Cornwallis. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

3. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Loving the sheetz at 50/210 !!!

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yea, so is my better half:) The slurpee there rocks!!!!

5. markfnc

THis one was voted down. Just FYI

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

try eating cheese...that should clog you up

7. Tit4Tat

??? You are confusing. :?8)What does cheese have to do with anything? LOL

8. Tit4Tat

Must be a inside joke? or something.I havent been here in a while.

9. rwilkerson

rwilkerson Active Member

I can't stand the place... and they will bring a lot of mom and pop businesses down. Competition is great but like Wal-Mart, too much of it kills a community.

10. Tit4Tat

OMG not another hater...

11. Bluewillow

Thanks for the info, Mark. Did they vote on a location at 42 and Cornwallis?

12. rwilkerson

rwilkerson Active Member

Yep, another hater. Their coffee sucks too. I can get better coffee at the Hess station.

13. markfnc

Not that I know of. I knew the Bethel Church one was voted down as it was in the Garner Paper. I also go to the Swift Creek mini mart at 50 & Rand Rd and they had a signature thing to vote no.

14. Tit4Tat

The best coffee I have, is from home!! I can make it as strong as I please! Sheetz has not so bad food too! The chicken wrap is great!
    So, you got my curiosity up. Why do you hate Sheetz so bad? Just cause of the mom and pop stores. There is nothing at 50/210. I love that things are coming this way.

15. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I love these people that think all corporations are evil. I guess you would much rather over pay Donnie Harrison's gas station from 1970 that is the most sketchy, dimly lit place on hwy 50 than have NEW DEVELOPMENT nearby! It would be horrible for Garner to have a business operating on that corner that could help increase the tax base. Especially since the largest tax payer (Con Agra) is now town owned. BOO PROGESS! Why not just tear the roads up and just let everyone ride horses around town?

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My sheets card saves me 3 cent a gallon. Love Sheetz

17. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Oh yes..the Great American Myth of the Mom and Pop business. Many seem to forget that most didn't even treat their employees as well with benefits and pay as the corporations do now.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Or don't believe that Mom & Pop places would love to be the next Wal*Mart (or Sheetz or what have you).

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Developer returned to Town of Clayton Planning and Zoning Board in May with revised site plan. Apartments will be built prior to Sheetz. Appartments will be located behind the Sheetz location. Town of Clayton will approve this location and not Johnston County. This properety is in Clayton ETJ and I believe the developer is requesting annexation into Town just as Johnston Health Center did prior to building on 42 West of Clayton.

20. Bluewillow

Is this site located directly across from the convenience store/gas station at the corner of 42 and Cornwallis beside Austin Pond? I don't live very far from 42 and Cornwallis and would love a Sheetz nearby!