Made In America

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pocahontas, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: You are so funny! I think with bathing suits quality and appearance are everything so I usually will spend probably too much money a bathing suit . I hate the "dookey ball" or "full diaper" look! :lol: The best cheap bathing suits I've bought though are from the Tommy Hilfiger and Banana Republic outlets in Smithfield. They were 40% off at the time and have lasted for years!

2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

After I posted that I realized that it didn't go up to the true "plus" sizes, however, some of the tops it says will accommodate up to a size "F" cup size, so I guess it really depends on your individual shape.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Lol! Not exactly. :lol:

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Ewww! :ack: You're not right! :mrgreen:

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

6. markfnc

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As for the made in america tag, that while I can't be sure of the actual products themselves, I can honestly say the following companies use made in America packaging, all of which is produced here locally and supports the local economy:

Merck, GSK, NovoNordisk, Pate Dawson (Bojangle's packaging products), Bayer, Midol, Tylenol, Hospira, Bella Monica Flatbread (local makers of a Gluten free frozen pizza), Burt's Bees, Glit-Microtron (packers of Brillo pads), Monogram Meat Snacks (packers of Slim Jim among other jerky type brands), Intergrated Packaging (provides all the nice little free soap to the entire Hilton chain), Nat Sherman (all natural fine cigar/cigarette maker), Tetra/United Pet/Spectrum Brands (makers of various pet supplies)

8. markfnc

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Bacon-themed coffin

10. pocahontas

On this note, Batesville Caskets still has manufacturing plants in the US, although they also have some in Mexico as well, and they are headquartered in Indiana. At least they're not from China.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the death rate in Mexico is pretty high.

12. Viper

Viper Member

Everyone talking about "Made in America" That is one of the reasons I buy all my produce at that produce stand across from CE. They are open full time now and of course they are having to get their produce from Fla, Ga, SC and such, until the weather makes it where they can plant their own, but they will not get anything from out of the USA. I love supporting the small local famer.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  13. CraigSPL

Coming soon to the Small town of Clayton near you.

http://deepriverbrewing.com/

Rumor has it that they are hoping to be open to the public sometime in August.

14. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

15. CraigSPL

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Definitely some interesting sounding brews. Can't wait to try them.

17. Bradley90

Bradley90 Member

And sometimes it works the other way around. Some years ago I was visiting Tonga ( in the south Pacific ) on business. Browsing in a gift shop in the capitol, Nuku'alofa, I found a tee-shirt with the Tonga crest on it, and bought it. Wasn't until I got home I discovered the "Made in the USA" tag. And to think I traveled some 14,000 miles round trip for that.

18. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Not really my thing (beer is, veggies ain't), but I got a laugh out of the "Punk'n Drublic" pumpkin beer!

This is good news!

19. pocahontas