Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. H/T's has the best subs ever...too bad I can't enjoy them here in New York :x

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just talked to Elaine at the Harris Teeter Corporate Office,she said that she can't find anything about a store being build in the future in or around Clayton :?

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Seems to me Sheetz said the same thing a few months before they started construction at 50/210.

4. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

This actually doesn't surprise me. I live in Pineville and I believe that sometimes things such as this are rumored as hype to get people to move to the area.

5. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I work with a lady whose husband is a regional manager for HT. She said there are no stores she knows of planned for that area.

6. AnnetteL

I don't know what to believe anymore...

7. AnnetteL

Talked to Barry at the JoCo Planning Board,he said he heard the rumors as well but nothing else...So I wonder where exactly did the "project appears to be a go" originate?

8. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

I remember that thread. The wrong question was asked in that case. Sheetz was asked if they were planning any stores in McGees Crossroads, to which the answer was "no". That's because the mailing address is actually Benson. At the time, Sheetz probably had no idea where "McGees Crossroads" was.

9. bosoxfan

Yup, you're right. I had forgotten that part.

10. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Josh Finch, son of Becky Flowers Bullock, confirmed that Harris Teeter will build in Flowers Plantation. Fall 2013. It has also been posted on a Home Town Realtor's Facebook page. Selling houses based on news Harris Teeter opening in Flowers Plantation.
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/josh.f.finch.1

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Saw it last night. Good news travels fast!!! :)

12. AnnetteL

:hurray:

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

so that will be on the far side of 42..the eastern side of 70? ugh..so far away....boohoo

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

16. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Lol...guess Harris Teeter had enough of dealing with Becky too.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Wouldn't suprise me in the least. She's..............something else. However, the signs in front of the building still say HT opening Fall 2013. They've spent a ton on the infrastructure and the walls are up. Something is going in there, still hope it's a HT, but Kroger or Publix would be ok too.

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You've got that right, that's about nicest way to put it.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen:............oh the stories I could tell. I mentally give her the finger every single time I ride past. Anyway..................8)

20. bosoxfan

Yup, I'm sure that just dealing with her would be enough to make them sell the whole chain, rather than just backing out of one store under construction. :lol:

If they do go forward with selling HT, it would be great if it was Publix, and that they continued with the project at Flowers. It's possible that if HT does sell, the buyer could abandon the project. :cry: