Wells emporium

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I was on Cleveland school road. I drove passed Well's emporium today on my way home. There was a car in the parking lot and the lights were on inside. I wonder what's going on.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

You need to rephrase this entire opening statement. Say it again?

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Do you mean there was a light on inside the car in the parking lot? Perhaps a person stopped to check a map or make a call?

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

5. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I do know that the DR Wells store was sold to foreigners but I have no idea what they are doing to it. I don't know if the workers are/will be the same. I used to love the meat they had. All I heard was that Rudy sold out for some reason. I don't know about the annex building.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Pepper, are you saying the Emporium has been sold again? I thought that the folks who own the Sandhu's on Amelia Ch Rd were the ones who had bought the Emporium 2-3 years ago when David & Marlo sold it and moved away & that is who had been running it for the last couple of years or so. Rocky, Is it the Annex that had a light on inside the building and a car in the lot or the Emporium? Would love to see another gift shop open up in the Annex bldg....Marlo always had nice stuff in there...

7. Rockyv58

Not the new place but their original store. The one that has been for sale. There was a car in the parking lot, A light on in the store, and a person inside the empty store.

8. Sdaanimal

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe someone has purchased it and was inside. Or someone interested in the place was checking it out. It would be nice to have a gift shop there again. :)

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday also. Not the exact same time, but I noticed the Realtor sign is gone

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Maybe that's where they will put the new Harris Teeter :jester:

11. Rockyv58

I am kind of hoping its going to be the new site for Habitat for humanity Re-store. I know they were losing their place behind the post office. I had read a few months back that the old well emporium was a possible site

12. AnnetteL

The ReStore will be at:
    1543 W. Market Street, Smithfield,which is in the Rose Manor Shopping Center.

13. peppercorns

which one is Rose Manor..I can picture the sign but not where it is..lol

14. AnnetteL

It's the one on 70 near that Greek Restaurant and near that Discount Furniture Store ;-) ,a little past K-Mart but on the other side,sorry that I can't describe it better than that!

15. Sdaanimal

I think there used to be a thrift store there; we purchased a coffee table years ago from that place, if it is where I am thinking.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

that building was also an indoor flea market for a while....

17. AnnetteL

Yes I believe that's the one.

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Where Neptune's or Mayflower (whichever it's called) Seafood Restaurant is

19. peppercorns

ok yes- thanks all!!!
    well that Re-store should come in handy