DirectLabs,which test?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 8, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting one of their tests but not quite sure which one,probably the so called CWP :? Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

If there are no other issues, the CWP is a good baseline. That's the one I get to send to my Internist, saving about 400 bucks...

Same labs, same tests, Same data for him to look over before my annual physical.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

This would be my advice. Ask your physician what labs you need to have before your next office visit to him/her. While there are general lab tests that everyone should have drawn as part of a "healthy exam" by contrast there are others labs specific to each individuals medical history that will need to be drawn and that are not routine that only your attending physician would know about and need in order to provide the best of medical care to you. Tell your physician due to increasing medical cost you prefer to have any labs that he/she needs for your medical care done by this outside facility. He/she should not have a problem with this unless they have found this lab to not be reliable on lab results in which case they can provide you with another outside lab that is by their experience more reliable. Also make sure you have written orders from your attending MD for these specific lab tests.