ya see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Apr 12, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Most important part of this: "Turn on your emergency flashers, and, if you're in question that this might be someone impersonating a law officer, you can call 911," Capt. Danny Johnson with the Johnston County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday. "Give them your location and the description of the vehicle behind you the best you can, and also pull to a well-lit area or populated area if feasible."

I've always said if it was night they're going to have to follow me and my flashers to a well-lit area. And hubby has reminded me for years to call 911 or *HP to see if it is a real officer. Now to remember it...

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Maybe their next "victim" will be the WRONG person at the WRONG time. There's a LOT of folks out there with concealed carry permits!

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

That's got to be a scary thought for the real cops out there. Not CCW permits per se, but that they could be mistaken for a bad guy.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to park the unmarked cars for a while, or at least have officers working traffic in them be uniformed (that may already be the policy for JoCo and NCSHP, I don't know).

Mixed in among all the drivel and trollish comments on WRAL's site there was one guy that made a good point. His thought was that this guy is probably using one or two blue lights he bought from JC Whitney, while the real guys have enough candlepower to light you up like a Christmas tree!

Let's be careful out there...

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

This is what most police cars look like at night:
    [​IMG]

And this is an unmarked one (no light bar on the roof):
    [​IMG]

This is not what an official police car light would look like:
    [​IMG]