JC School Board Q of the Day

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

JOHNSTON COUNTY - ACCOUNTABILITY QUESTION OF THE DAY
    Is it true that there is a staff member at a Johnston County high school that
    has a history of texting sexually explicit messages to teenage girls during the
    day, was accused of having a sexual relationship with two students, and has
    exchanged nude pictures with female students? According to sources, the
    investigation was done by the Human Resources Department. At no time was this
    staff member suspended with or without pay, the sheriff's department was not
    contacted, nor was the staff member ever asked to resign.

To quote Johnston County Schools - they act on allegations with an over
    abundance of caution when it comes to the safety of students. If that is the
    case, why is this staff member allowed to be in a school where he has easy
    access to teenage girls each day? Johnston County Schools, care to respond?

More of these thoughtful questions could be forthcoming.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock:

Their handling of recent issues makes me scratch my head. From burying their heads in the sand to complete over reactions. They need to find a middle ground.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

the sad part is ...a lot of this is the fault of the slutty little darlings who want to get adults into trouble. The parents are busy saying, "not my angel" when she has no curfew, and no one to answer too because her parents are always busy "trusting" her.
    The adults in the situation who are texting a teenage girl are morons who are playing with fire. If they are that stupid, then they deserve to get fired. If they send nudie pics then they need further charges, but if it is the student who sends the nudie pics, ( and they are NOT reciprocated), then the adult should have no more charges, just fire him.
    I am so sick of 16 and 17 year old girls looking like two bit bimbos, acting like prostitutes and then blaming other people on "destroying their innocence."
    What's that saying....of it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck,,then it probably is a duck. Same for your little angels...if they dress like sluts, act like sluts, and talk like sluts....guess what?

4. peppercorns

humph!!and so many of you are so quick to bash the catholic church..yet what is happening in your own back yard....

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Do what?

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

agreed ... o_O

7. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

This makes me sad that there is so much going on that is being swept under a rug. Wake County might look like a circus at times, but I'd rather that than be known as the county who lets kids get raped and abused and does nothing about it.

8. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Ok first to Grinder, do you have more info, where the sources are coming from, has anyone been found guilty, has anything been put on paper to the school and school board?

Second speaking from joco experience when I was in school the girls threw themselves at the guy teachers and yes some even got what they wanted and no nothing was done about it, never got to the board or even to the parents and the ones that it did, the parents would handle the kids themselves.. Yes I know adults are adults but when you have 20something teachers and 17/18yr old girls there is not much difference mentally. So before all the blame goes on the teach you might want to check little princess for her role...

9. Grinder

Sassymom - yes.

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Is it anything you can share, just like to know more about this specific situation since you brought it to the board!!

11. Grinder

That one speaks for itself.

The one tomorrow should be just as good.

12. peppercorns

just making a parallel point....the school board seemed to be trying to hide everything and sweep it under the rug...like the church was accused of doing.

13. Grinder

JOHNSTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ACCOUNTABILITY QUESTION OF THE DAY - 2

Is it true that many, many parents came forward at Archer's Lodge Middle School to make the school system aware of their concerns about Paul Canally and his activities, yet you swept them under the rug and did not notify to any necessary agencies of these concerns? Is it true that Mr Canally was offered an opportunity to resign and ride off into the sunset so as not to draw negative attention to the school system? Is it true that if it the school system's policy to exercise an overabundance of caution in protecting the students you placed no value on the victims of Mr Canally and by not reporting Mr Canally? Do you believe the statement that not only did you traumatized his victims at Archer's Lodge, but let him go free to abuse more innocent children? Is it true that there is now a civil suit by these parents holding you responsible for keeping a predator like Canally free to do more harm? Isn't it true that you, in a rush to save your own necks, have completely stepped away from the focus of where your efforts should be - in complete advocacy for the victims and families that this man destroyed while in you employ?

Johnston County Schools, care to comment?

14. Grinder

JOHNSTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ACCOUNTABILITY QUESTION OF THE DAY - 3

Is it possible that in Johnston County a teacher can get caught with a football coach, in a trailer on school grounds, engaging in inappropriate behavior? Even
    more both teachers are still employed by Johnston County schools and even more one of those teachers not only retains their job, but gains a new job of even higher authority at a high school, no less? Is that possible? And is it possible that witnesses were asked to sign documents stating that they would not discuss the matter? Is that possible?

Johnston County Schools, care to comment?

15. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

So you feel if a teacher has sex at work, with another teacher, they should get fired? Is the person in question a good employee and good at what they do aside from the boinking?

16. Grinder

Seriously?

2 teachers caught having sex at school, during school hours...yeah thats kind of grounds for termination according to their code of conduct. But the bigger question is why the cover up?

Because thats what the School Board does.

17. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

Yikes. I think it was in very poor judgement of the teachers and action should have been taken. If kids were caught doing that, they likely would have been expelled.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

But....but....but they could have been on break while gettin jiggy with it.

:jester:

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

or should have had, if this happened and nothing was done.

This speaks to me about an even larger issue, the perception of a board that is out of touch. And, forgive me for thinking as a soldier, perception for most, is reality.

I don't expect the school to violate anyone's individual right to privacy. Heck, I don't think there's any real need to publish salary info.

If the instance in question did happen, it's known by more than just those caught 'en flagrante delicto'. No doubt students have passed the word around, parents have heard a distilled version.

Pretty much, if you get caught doing the deed in a public place, where no right to personal privacy should EVER be presumed, then you have given up all rights to privacy concerning yourself.

Given that, why the silence from Central Office or the Board? Does this not play into the scenario that recently reported activities are less than fully examined?

Sounds to me that we need a new board, new blood, common sense.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member