Help - Home Ec project.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Apr 12, 2012.

1. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

My daughter has a project due this Friday. It is SO my fault that she is not prepared & I know she is going to be very upset with me for that :(

We had planned to make a fish shaped bed for a cat. I saw it online & thought it would be a great project because I used to sew.

But I could not get my hands on the pattern she wanted AND, I have not used my machine in a long time. I could not find all of the parts to my machine :(

Time has slipped up on me!! My friend teaches this home school/co-op class & I know she will understand, but my daughter will want to have a project in on time and rightfully so.

I have one day, Thursday, to make this up to my daughter.

What Home Economics project can she possibly do for her class in one day?? Any ideas?

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kinda curious why you're taking Home Ec? Isn't she responsible for her project/grade?

How old is she? Could she bake something from scratch - not using mixes? Strawberries are in season - maybe some strawberry muffins? We had two separate sections in Home Ec ... sewing and cooking (pretty much). Not sure if that's changed in the past few decades ... but baking something would be fun and yummy.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen those online. Try the website tipnut.com They have a lot of pet beds you can make. Also, she can hand sew it you know? Otherwise try to borrow someone's machine.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You always seem to be the voice of reason. I was thinking the same thing.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Ain't that the TRUTH!?? :mrgreen:

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+1,000,000

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, that +1!