Early College Academy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a child who applied? My friend's child applied and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the interview process yet. I guess the kids were supposed to hear back this week about the status but they might be delayed due to the number of applications they received.

What an amazing opportunity! Good luck to all those who applied! :)

2. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

My daughter has applied and she got a letter last week stating that they had a record number of applications this year and were running behind in conducting the "in school" interviews. I think they had projected notification by the first week in May so I hope they are not too far off from that goal.

3. ferrickhead28

Thanks for the info! Let me know if you hear anything else. :)

4. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. My son wrote an essay for them last week and I did notice on their Homepage that they were supposed to notify applicants this week for interviews. So far, we have not heard anything either. I wonder if they made another cut based on the writing sample, or if they are behind in the process. Let us know if anyone knows anything beyond that :~)

5. ferrickhead28

I dont think they have updated their website lately. The kids will find out before the end of the school year, right?

6. Tardevil

From what we understood from the parent information mtg, we are supposed to find out at the beginning of May. That may be a difficult deadline for them to meet this year.

7. wreckinstuff

wreckinstuff Well-Known Member

From what I understand, they are way behind.

8. Tardevil

The Homepage to the ECA website has been updated:

Applications and students' essays are currently under review, and students will be contacted soon about the interview process, which should begin within the next week (April 30-May 4).

We were just told that they have narrowed the number of applicants to 100, and they are holding a meeting for the parents of those students some time next week.

9. ferrickhead28

Anyone hear anything yet?

Thanks for the update!

10. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Got the call yesterday about the parent meeting next Tuesday.
    Still not sure exactly when the kid's interviews will be held.

11. ferrickhead28

Same on this end! I guess they are down to 100 students that are in the final round. They updated the website, letters of regret will be going out soon.

12. Tardevil

Anyone attend last night's mtg? Apparently, ECA is holding two info sessions for the parents of the remaining applicants.

13. ferrickhead28

Yes, my friend went to the meeting. Said it was very informative! The principal explained the program more in detail and what to expect. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.:)

14. Tardevil

Thanks ferrick :~) When I heard there would be a total of three info sessions, I was curious whether the groups were divided for any particular reason, i.e. first session was for students who made the cut, second and third sessions for students who are wait-listed, but now I understand it was for seating-availability only. DH went to the session last night, and from what I understand, we should know something early next week. DS has yet to be interviewed. Best wishes to your family, and all others!

15. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

You can pm me too. I've got a boy finishing his freshman year now.

16. ferrickhead28

Some of the schools guidance counselors will be letting students know as early as Monday!!!

Good luck everyone!! :)

17. ferrickhead28

Update on the ECA website:

"Acceptance Letters for the FALL 2012 FRESHMEN have been mailed! CONGRATULATIONS:)"

Some students may know as early as tomorrow!

18. Gabi

Gabi Member

Good luck

Good luck to all those accepted. My daughter is a rising junior at ECA and it certainly has been an interesting experience on many levels. It can be a wonderful opportunity.

19. ferrickhead28

:hurray: YEAH!!! SHE GOT ACCEPTED!!!! :hurray:

Anyone else hear anything?

20. Tardevil

Our DS at CMS did, too!