Sick of barking dogs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

the ones we caught we took way way way into the country :)

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I have 2 indoor cats that stay indoors at all times as they are declawed and my house doesn't smell by the way (it's called keeping the litter box clean!)

There are cats in the neighborhood that continually take residence up on my front or back porch and stare in the windows at my cats, which really doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when I open my back storm door and get smacked in the face with the nice smell of cat **** / spray. I know which cat does it and it's been ummmm chased away a couple times. My next door neighbor has a cat, but it rarely comes in my yard at all (guess she is good at training them :lol:)

I also have a dog now, well puppy at the moment. I let her stay outside for a little bit and she does bark, but if it gets to be too much and it annoys me I'm sure not going to let her to continue barking and annoy the **** out of my neighbors.

It's called common courtesy for your neighbors. We don't have a huge problem in the neighborhood I'm in and I'm thankful for it and the good neighbors.

My only thing is ... if you're gonna have a dog, then HAVE A DOG. That means bringing it inside more often than not and paying it some attention and have it be part of your family. The people who irritate me are the ones that leave their dogs tied up outside all the time or in some little rinky dink pen and hardly pay them any mind much less love them.

Ok... off soap box. :mrgreen:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

but my cat doesn't use a litter box :)hurray: no odor!)
    he's animal - he likes being outside :lol:
    he's an older cat, so for the most part, now he stays on our yard or our neighbor's and they don't mind - he's a good kitty, very sweet. :)

we do have a fenced in backyard, for our dog - and she hardly ever barks! :mrgreen:

5. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

You would kill a cat for a first time offense being on your car? I agree owners should be responsible, but I also had my mom housesit for me before and the cat escaped, and we were not there to get him back in (he can be a pain), so he was out overnight (and may have been in another yard, who knows) and I can tell you if I knew you killed my cat for a one time deal where he got on your car, you would get your a$$ kicked.

6. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

:hurray::iagree:

Sometimes excessive barking is due to negligence in the lack of attention factor. No need to bring a pup/dog home to not let it be a part of the family in spending time with family and sleeping safely inside as a family member does.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

In my neighbor's defense (kind of) I think Tom taking a ride to Food Lion was a case of mistaken identity... The folks in the cul-de-sac "only have 8 cats, because some ran away" said their little girl. I said "wow, you must vacuum alot!" she said "oh, no. They stay outside. We had fewer, but one had kittens". :rolleyes: In that case I would absolutely contact AC for a trap and have them pick up the cats. I can't afford to fix 8 cats. lol Those are not pets, but an outdoor kitty colony. There is a cat across the street, but it doesn't seem to like strangers. Our cat never met a stranger.

He spent alot of time inside, but did enjoy the outdoors too. I let him out at 9 o'clock, called for him at 11. Gave up and went to bed. The next morning I went to the grocery store after dropping the girls off at school and thought "wow, that looks JUST like Tom". Called my hubby who stopped in the middle of the road on his way home from work. He scooped up the body and buried him after dark when the girls were asleep. I won't own another cat. I believe in letting them outdoors to potty and enjoy themselves. What I DON'T believe in is taking somebody's pet in a neighborhood and disposing of it.

That wasn't a dig at you Sassy, I know you live in the country and would not cart somebody's pet off. It's just a recent, tender subject for me. I would much rather a nasty letter from AC or a fine than our pet dead in the middle of a highway trying to make his way home (for the second time I suspect).

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Absolutely and with extreme prejudice.

9. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

If you dont mind the a$$ kicking I cant argue with it I guess.

EDIT then again most cat owners are probably not going to dole out a$$ kickings, so I guess it is a bet you can hedge.

10. Cleopatra

Don't you love it when folks get a dog and put it in a kennel AS FAR AWAY from their home as possible, in some cases that is very close to their neighbor's? What's the point?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:grouphug: Tom was one of a kind.

12. Cleopatra

Yeah, most of his time was spent in the middle of our living room floor...

"Yawn... Oh, this looks like a good spot" <plop>

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He had to get his peace and quiet when he could!! God love his little kitty heart, he was some kind of patient. :cheers:

14. Cleopatra

Hey, I think he really liked the outfits the girls made for him out of paper and attached to him... at least it was Scotch tape and not Duck tape :lol:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That was FUNNY.

oh and speaking of barking dogs, when your dog is little teach them the command for "quiet". Quiet goes along way at our house. Buddy likes to *talk* to me while I"m on the phone and when mommy says "quiet" he's quiet. See it's just that easy. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  17. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I wish it were that easy to make my human kids quiet. :lol:

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

It SO ticks me off to see a tiny fence in the wayyy back corner of the backyard with dog(s) in it. Especially when the remainder of the backyard is fenced in!! :evil: There is NO law that says you have to own a pet...just DON"t if you don't want to love it, give it the time and attention necessary!

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I think people who treat their pets like kids should be bull whipped and have reality tattooed on their foreheads.