Sick of barking dogs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Apr 18, 2012.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am not arrogant at all. And those that know me, know that to be true. oh and I am definitely to blame. :roll:

I never said my dog barked non-stop. ever. I just said he barks. Am I suppose to shock collar him for barking at a squirrel? seriously? I think not. My dog knows hand signals of when to come, go left, go right, go back or stand dead still. Whistle signals as well. Plus all the voice commands. He is smarter than most folks I know.

My point is, at what level is one annoyed and at what? I can't decide what my neighbors are annoyed at (my dog barking at a squirrel) anymore than they can figure out what I am annoyed at (them leaving their phone books and trash in my yard every single day).

If my neighbor, or anyone here, is going to call the animal po-po because my dog is barking at a squirrel, or me when I feed him (he gets excited) or a stranger in my driveway ....then GO FOR IT. oh, and get a life. that's my point.

thankfully I do not live in a neighborhood where people 'poison meat' for dogs or get uppity about the little things (like trash in my yard everyday). :mrgreen:

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I wish we could get shock collars for the obnoxious moms who let their obnoxious kids run around with no supervision and shock their ugly kids! POPPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOOPOp sizzle sizzle.

3. KellBell

how dare you feel that way! you arrogant SOB! :?

8)

4. ServerSnapper

:mrgreen:

5. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Not saying you would or would not do such a thing, but the mere suggestion of doing this would prove to be pure "bull#$@!". Why not have the balls to approach the owner?

6. KellBell

no kidding, and I'm arrogant. :rolleyes:

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i kinda know you, and i wouldn't say you were arrogant by any means. your post about your dog, however, was a little harsh. it kinda came off like "i don't care if my barking dog bothers you", and i don't think you meant it exactly that way. your last post there sounded more like you. you seem to me to be the type of person that is considerate of others...

if your dog barks occasionally, as is the nature of a dog, i don't see that as grounds for being bothered enough to call somebody. in fact, we think it's kinda country-homey for the neighborhood dogs to all howl in unison when the train goes by.

but we all know of, or have had past experience with, the dog that barks constantly paired with the owner that could give two ****s. i think that's who the OP and others are talking about.

8. ServerSnapper

I know her personally. She is in no form arrogant even though she could be!! Sweet lady. But she is no push over either. The out of control animal lovers seemed to be on the aggressive side to provoke. She answered accordingly and with extreme prejudice. I am the *******. Not her.

9. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Which I feel you would reconsider if it were my cat you bagged, but if not I respect you for being man enough to take the a$$ kicking you would get for doing it.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, by the time he's getting his *** kicked around here, he can change his name to ServerShredded.

11. newmom5497

newmom5497 Well-Known Member

lgb--I for sure feel sorry for you then living in the same development...I am over in Twisted Oaks, the next develpmt over, and hear it from here ALL the time...especially early morning weekends. I can understand for a few minutes until you get the dog in the house, but its FOR HOURS. Just plain disrespectful to the neighbors.

12. KellBell

I am very considerate, thanks for noticing. :mrgreen:

I can see where I came across harsh. But in my own defense, I thought the OP was kinda harsh and many of the comments afterwards (especially the one about throwing poisoned meat treats in the yard. wow!) I didn't intend to be 'harsh'. Just trying to make folks realize there are bigger things in this world to get their panties all wadded up over.

And my dog howls too. He gets going with several of the other dogs in the 'hood.

13. KellBell

:grouphug:

14. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Ok, got it. :mrgreen:
    99% of the time, an owner who lets his dog bark non-stop for hours is not someone you want to approach. They have already demonstrated that they don't understand how to get along with others. If they didn't consider their neighbors while the dog was barking, they're probably not going to consider the neighbors point of view about anything else. Reasonable, approachable neighbors who care about living in harmony with others are the ones who wouldn't let their dogs do that to begin with. That would be like asking them to please clean the junk off their front porch. That's about as smart as poking a hornets nest with a stick.

15. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I so agree with that. I had to approach a now-former neighbor about his dogs. They were barking for hours early in the morning and late into the night. I could ignore them during the day, but they were keeping us up late and waking us up really early every day. The result of trying to approach the neighbor was a over 6 foot man screaming in my face in front of my scared 2 little girls. Not something I want to ever experience again!

16. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

I would add, they probably simply dont care for the dog that much anyway. I wont say a dog cant live a happy life outside all the time, but certain breeds of dog outside/chained/barking in the yard alone and not part of the family are ticking time bombs. They will take an outsider's interjection as calling them stupid or irresponsible (which their behavior is just that, as well as inconsiderate of the neighbors) and probably act like a$$hats.

17. Sassy_Halo

Sassy_Halo Member

:iagree:

18. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

Well timed and placed thread.

I am beyond exhausted in dealing with the dog owners across the street. They have 2 dogs that pack together and become very aggressive to cars or people anywhere near them. Checking our mail is interesting, as is getting the newspaper. We have nearly run over them several times because they are very aggressive when we turn in our driveway.

As you may have guesses they have no fence. They are rarely contained. A letter circulated through the neighbourhood about them and several folks have complained directly to them. The note stated that they have bitten other dogs who were on leashes and walking with owners.

The note was helpful. Helpful in making sure they were indoors during daylight and outdoors allll night. Because they are so aggressive my five year old is terrified of them and since they are virtually under her window at night, when they bark at say 12, 1 or 4am then she comes running into our room terrified. Voila, we're all awake with very little sleep thanks to the inconsiderate owners.

I think it is sheer arrogance on behalf of dog owners who behave this way. I like animals but there is no reason they should be everyone else's problem.

My other neighbour actually told this woman that the dogs were waking her up at night and do you know what she said? "oh I'm sorry I sleep on the other side of the house and don't hear them.". I thought as much......

19. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Have you went over and tried to talk to these people rather than ***** and moan on web forums like most people do these days.

Hopefully you are not one of those idiots shooting off firecrackers in Twisted Oaks. I am sure their neighbors would like peace and quiet too

20. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Wondering where in Island Creek are these dogs at? Are u in phase 1 or 2. Just asking as I live there and never have heard any dogs barking late at night on a consistant basis