I have a question about Amendment One

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

This is a very good point, in my opinion.

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

See this is what drives people nuts about gay rights....I just wrote a post supporting their civil rights and I'm still getting heat because it doesn't jive with The Bible...even though I'm a Christian.

There is a difference between personally endorsing homo activity vs the government telling them one or the other.

The same can be said for smoking. I think smoking is a terrible thing for your health but I would NEVER support the government telling someone they can't smoke.

Some people...you just can't reach. Especially on here.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

He is not the only one with that opinion. But you are doing the same thing to him as you are accusing him of doing with gays. Awesome contradiction. It does not matter what times we are in. Just because it's popular with you to promote homesexuality ,since it's the "IN THING" to do, doesn't mean he nor anyone else has to agree.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's not judgement to state what you believe to be a fact.

I'd better clarify before I get crucified.

CanisLupis' statement, "Being gay is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord." is a fact, you can read it in the Bible. At least, depending on how you read the text. Personally I have a different opinion as to who God was talking to and about when He said that.

But the point is, stating (what you believe to be) a fact is not judgement any more than telling you that "speeding is a crime" is a judgement.

5. ServerSnapper

Way more moderate. It also shows you don't believe or respect your bible. Anyone who says they are a Christian but supports gay marriage simply does not believe the bible and does not understand the word Christian. Off muh podium. Continue on. I will not vote against the amendment nor will I vote for it.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The century that reads Leviticus 18:22

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Don't start with me about ignorance. It won't end well for you.

7. ServerSnapper

If ignorance had a face. It would look sorta like mine..

8. Resident

You have no idea whether I "believe or respect" my Bible... so don't apply that to me on a faceless board. You have no idea how I live my life or what I do that is consistent with Biblical teaching other than the fact that I said that someone here typing "homosexuality is an abomination" is harsh.

At no point have I EVER said I am in favor or against gay marriage. I was posting here strictly in reference to the original poster's topic of Amendment One. I do not believe that the government should tell people (heterosexual or homosexual) that their union is "legally recognized" or not. This is not about gay marriage, per se... but rather about the rights of couples in general.

I'll thank you to not make judgments about my belief in or respect of the Bible again. You worry about your faith and let me worry about mine.

People in glass houses... and all that.

9. Resident

Point taken.

10. ServerSnapper

You either are or you are not. Again. Another contradiction. Not going to spar. Just point out the obvious. You can't almost be an alcoholic, or addicted to Meth. Either you are or you aren't.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Thanks....motion to strike my remark about not reaching. 8)

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

It's possible to be undecided about a topic.

13. ServerSnapper

Why is it a big deal to hurt someones feelings these days? Have we become a society that is simply afraid to hurt peoples feelings? OMG At one time this country was one of the most feared super powers in the world. Now we are one of the biggest powder puff countries because of this stupid belief about "FEELINGS". Every hippy should be lined up and literally smacked in the face by Uncle Sams weenie! Then banned to Canada!

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

THANK YOU. :mrgreen:

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I think there is a time and a place... but I agree we as a society are too PC.

16. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the vote turns out, and if the "losing" side accepts a majority vote or goes nuts complaining. One way or the other, I suspect it will be a hot topic for a while, unless I am mistaken and there is an overwhelming majority for for or against it.

17. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

18. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I get that. But isn't that why people put into place healthcare power of attorneys?

I mean, whether we are in a partnership or not, let's say I named you as my Healthcare POA, you could make those decisions for me...