Make A Wish

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

God forbid you're diagnosed with a fatal illness. You get a wish from the "Make-a-wish" foundation.

What do you wish for?

A trip to Disney World?

A personal visit from your favourite sports hero or celebrity?

Go ahead, think real hard. What would your wish be?
    Now, read what high schooler Rashawn King (who has acute lymphoblastic leukemia) wished for (and received)...

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/apr...ent-leukemia-gets-his-wish-free-l-ar-2205549/
    Now, don't you feel just a little bit greedy and self-centered about your wish? (I know I did)

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I saw this earlier, what a wonderful kid

3. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

make a wish is AWESOME! my 5 yr old granddaughter has pontine glioma, a brain tumor in the stem, and they sent her to disney and she was treated like a celebrity. she met the princesses and rode in their carriage with her little sister. they stayed in a cute cottage.she had a great time!

4. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Make-A-Wish Foundation is a wonderful organization! Kristen Mercer Johnson is a home-town girl! Proud of her and the accomplishments she has made with Make-A-Wish. She is truly dedicated to the foundation. Kudos to Make-A-Wish and Kristen!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I contribute to Make A Wish each paycheck through the State Employees Combined Campaign. It isn't the only one, but it's the only one that I have consistently given to for several years.

What would I ask for? I have no idea, but it would involve my kids.

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

That's great :) My daughter was a wish kid, MAW was going to allow her PICU nurse to go with her on her wish trip. They are truly a wonderful organization!