Things that worked great, but you just don't see anymore!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Apr 25, 2012.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

8 Tracks didn't work great. Most good tapes would break in the middle of a song to change tracks. And, after playing any tape a dozen times, the player would end up eating the tape.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I personally hated 8 tracks.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's true, but at the time they were state of the art. We no longer had to rely on an FM converter for car tunes.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I think they do it because no one else can figure out how to use those pumps. :lol: But, do they check the oil and clean the windshield? A gas station attendant would do that.

Someone told me that in New Jersey it's a law that the gas must be pumped for you.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Oh come on man, you know you rocked out to The Guess Who on the one mounted under the dash of your old Dodge Dart Swinger.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

By the time I started driving I had a tape deck and later a CD player. My dad had an 8 track in his truck and I remember hating it. We had a 8 track player that my dad carried around as well. Looked similar to a modern day boom box.

9. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I was the Evil Kenevil of the neighborhood. 8)

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Come on now...you got to get rid of that banana seat and chain guard. Maybe a new set of handlebars and goose neck.....in fact scrap it all together and get a Diamondback bike. Those were what the cool kids had. :lol:

11. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Ha ha. We're talking the 70's here ...before Diamondback bikes were invented. The banana seat WAS cool. I took the front fender off. Thats what the cool kids did. My bikes were Frankenstein machines built from various parts.

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I had a bright pink bike just like that! The cool thing was to put playing cards in the spokes for the noise they made while riding.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I had a green Huffy that looked like that except that mine had a sissy bar about as tall as I was.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I wasn't far behind you (late 70s, early 80s). I think I cared more about my bike then than I do my car now.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I cut an set of forks from an old bike and added them to mine to make it in to a chopper. Worked great until one of them broke off and sent me flying over the handlebars.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

My bike made the habit of throwing the chain at the most inopportune times. I have scars all over my arms and legs from bike wrecks. Kids today just don't know what they're missing.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It is a fact

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Da Union say so

:roll:

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

New Jersey and Oregon

20. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

HA I have A p38 on my keychain, funny thing is last weekend while working the puppy poker run someone noticed it and showed me he had one as well, maybe there makin a comeback?