Things that worked great, but you just don't see anymore!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Apr 25, 2012.

1. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

this is true. it is illegal for you to pump your own gas in New Jersey, ive had friends come visit and i had to teach them how to pump there own gas, other wise they would just sit in the car till some one asked what they where doing? lol lol

2. granola acres mayor

your an I D TEN T

3. granola acres mayor

im not computer savy so i cant post a picture but i know one thing that was GREAT and i wish they would bring them back. how about, the little triangle window in the front seat of the old cars that you could direct the outside air flow any where you wanted without having to open the Big window and blow everything everywhere! the window was called a wing if i remember correctaly. someone post a picture for me please> :)

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I had the same one but in gold. I loved skidding out the rear tire.

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

In your honor!!!! :)

I miss'em, too!

[​IMG]

6. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

While we are talking about cars, I also thought the headlight dimmer switch that you used your FOOT for was fine!! :)

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What music? LOL

8. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

My Mini-8 8-track player from K-Mart I installed in my '68 Mustang with a 390 engine never missed a beat and never ate a tape.

The twin, 8 inch Pioneer speakers in the back provided beautiful sounds.

Percy Sledge never sounded so good!! :)

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :lol:

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

1973 Dodge Dart Swinger, brown with black vinyl roof. the car i drove in high school. good times

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

12. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

well thank you one and all...lol..I feel ancient!!!
    Metal ice cube trays, those car jacks and scissor jacks, fotomat, rolled film, instamatic and polaroid cameras, banana seat bicycles, 8 tracks, records, the "may I check your oil" service attendant, Typewriters, the floor dimmer switch and vent windows, and the vents near the floor of the car that let in fresh air....lol all that I remember.
    :mrgreen:I had an 8 track player with two speakers AND a power booster installed in my AMC Gremlin. I bought the stereo from Woolworth and the guy installed it free cuz I was cute! lol..I remember that!
    Side vent windows were wonderful and those I miss!
    8)I miss understanding what was under the hood of my car before everything went electronic....my other AMC Gremlin had a problem with the linkage sticking. I would throw it in neutral, coast to a stop, Pull off the air breather and jiggle the linkage until it freed itself. Now, all i can do to a car is turn the key..lol.
    Oh I never had Charles Chips to my home but I know they used to do that, but I did have a milkman. And the neat metal box outside the front door....
    :popcorn:AAAANNNNDDDDDDDD>>>>>>>>>>>>>Public hangings SHOULD make a comeback!! Maybe drug dealers and murderers would have second thought after wittnessing a few of those.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  13. Rockyv58

14. Rockyv58

About 10 years ago I actually bought one of the metal boxes for Milk delivery on Ebay. Still have it packed away for now.

15. Rockyv58

You know the moon landing was all faked in Hollywood :) Didn't you see Capricorn 1? LOL

16. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I found one of those at an antique shop, and it sits on my front porch. It still has the styrofoam in it, too!:)

17. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

My grandfather went to his grave believing the moon landing was fake and that the guvmint staged it at Disney World! :)

18. Rockyv58

Well it makes sense that Disney produced it. Cause we all know the moon is made of green cheese and Disney's mascot is a mouse :)

19. Rockyv58

[​IMG]

Car Hops

20. granola acres mayor

Thanks Kent and I too miss the foot swithch for the headlights.