Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tams, Nov 4, 2011.

1. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I do use real fruit-no syrups and no sugars-just plain old frozen berries. I use a magic bullet to make mine so with 8oz of almond milk, 2 scoops of ViSalus, throw in a whole banana and about 4-5 strawberries depending on how big they are. I basically just fill up the bullet cup. I'm not a fan of jello because it is processed and I don't like the concentrates because they are still high in sugar.

I also train very hard with a fitness program, burning 600-800 calories/workout at 5:30am so my morning shake I add 1/2 cup of Quaker "quick oats" for a little extra calories and protein.

2. mispuddin

mispuddin Guest

i have been really working on the ViShake again...Really!! Its just not happening this time...I havent lost a bit nor are my clothes falling off again..Im eating more meat for my actual meals and then my Vi 2x a day...the wkends are apparently my problem and COFFEE!!! Beginning to become upset about it!

3. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

Is anyone on this still? And does anyone know if someone around here sells it?

4. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Emismom,
    I am a promotor and still use all of the ViSalus products and have been for over a year now. I would be happy to talk with you about the products, help you set your goals and a plan to achieve them. Just let me know if you are interested. I will pm. My info to you.

5. SMH at this whole thread.

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

So how is everyone doing? I know a couple of people who are trying this now. I tasted one of their shakes and it was really good. All she had in hers was strawberries, blueberries, and mango. I could stand to lose a few pounds but I really love to eat. :lol:

7. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I had to come off, my B12 and Vitamin D stayed to low for some reason. The shakes are good and you can lose the weight its just the maintenace when you come off them. A few of my friends have sugggested just a protein shake the days I work out so I may go that route. The hardest thing is drinking two meals a day..

8. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

A really good friend of mine is doing the shakes. She only drinks one for breakfast. She walks on the treadmill for 45 minutes a day and does Yoga with me once a week. She's down 50 lbs already.

I do Zumba three times a week, Yoga once a week and hit the gym 2-3 nights a week. I'm also getting ready to sign up for Pilates. We started about the same time and I too am also down 50 lbs. The only shake I drink is my Banana Oatmeal Smoothie. 2 cups of ice, two bananas, one serving of steel cut oats and a tablespoon of peanut butter. It keeps me full almost to lunch time.

The shakes work! My friend looks great and she loves the plan. :)

Just my two cents! Good luck!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

This may sound ... well ... how about regular diet AND exercise instead of all the gimics? Get off the couch, stop eating crap, cut your portions WAY BACK, ramp up your sex life and you'll loose weight.

RIGHT? :?:

<zipping up flame suit>

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whatever is in the shakes is NOT what is helping you lose weight. You are simply eating less calories, and you are exercising that's all there is to it. If that's the route you want to take, GREAT, but please don't be fooled into thinking there is something magical about this particular brand.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I agree w/ HG and KDC - but one thing the shakes do offer is a good nutritional alternative. I recently started using them also, and can already tell a difference. I've always watched what I eat and I excercise several times a week - but after menopause....your metabolism slows down, considerably (at least mine did!). I tried other protein powders, but this one is really good, and I find it so much easier to make a yummy shake in the mornings than to cook eggs or just eat cereal or oatmeal. Just my .02! :) I've lost about 7lbs and hubby's lost about 10....men always lose faster... and I excercise more than he does! :banghead:

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and sometimes people just need something to get them started with portion control and calorie intake. Learnign to eat healthy and eat LESS is hard work. I think most people realize the 'bottom line'. But I often use protein shakes (slim fast, special K or any other already mixed brand) to get back on track.

13. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I know this is off the original 'Vi' topic, but ... what brands of shakes do you like/dislike? I'm thinking about having a protein shake in the afternoons for 'snacktime', or occasionally for breakfast .. used to like Atkins shakes for breakfast, but haven't tried 'em in ages. Plenty of fiber to fill you up, full of vitamins ... but expensive! Haven't tried any other brand yet. I don't want to follow a "shake diet" ... just looking for a healthy alternative to add. I hate to waste the money on something that tastes flat, or tastes like cardboard, or leaves an aftertaste.

15. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Truthfully, all of these fads only work temporarily. If anything your doing more damage to your health long term. To those of you who are serious about your health and want to truly lose weight, lose your uncontrolable appetite, feel great, possibly eliminate some health problems AND not pad the pockets of the fad diet pushers I have some advice thats actually backed by science. Not the studies by scientist who are "paid" to come to a conclusion but scientist, doctors who care. There are lots, below are two!

Google: Dr. William Davis MD.
    Cardiologist

And for an educational experience that will surprise most of you, go to youtube and type: David Diamond Ph.D If I'm not mistaken he's a Neuroscience professor. He ha health problems but refused to take the "pill for every i'll. The video is a little over an hour long but worth the watch if you can sit through it.

It works, it doesn't cost you anything and you will be healthier. Do you think its a coincidence that we have more cancers, more diabetes, an alarming obesity rate thats predicted to increase, more children with problems, etc. I think not.
    I hope the above information at least helps one of you! Good luck!

16. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Not always true because I am very active and dont really eat that bad, just have always and always will struggle with my weight.. just sayin not everyone is a big fat lazy couch potato!!

:mrgreen:

17. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

And sometimes, the harder you try, the worse it gets. Like for someone with high cortisol levels.

18. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Sassy!! No, you are not a couch potato!!! None of that was directed at you.

It is very true that some people just struggle more than others. Every bite is a struggle for me. I used to be a couch potato myself but now I count every calorie in and out. Yes, it is a pain and takes alot of effort but if I don't do that in combination with the exercise, the weight slowly comes to find me ;)

19. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

for me, keeping the weight off is harder than it was to loose it!

20. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Sassymom, the information could very well help you. It sounds like you have the same issues as a lot of us and nothing has ever seemed to work at least not long term. Statistically, from all available studies 40-80+% of humans have a problem and don't even know it. Nor will it always show up on blood test. There is a solution but beware. Big Pharma don't want you to know/find out about it.