STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL THIS SATURDAY

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, Apr 24, 2012.

1. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

On Saturday, April 28, 2012 the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce will hold its Annual Strawberry Festival on Technology Drive (40/42). We are looking forward to this high visibility area! The festival events will include Large Inflatables, Arts & Crafts, Family Oriented Activities, Entertainment and Assorted Food Vendors. Many new and exciting plans are underway for this year’s festival. Title Sponsor Four Oaks Bank & Trust

Come Meet the “Girls of the Lick”
    Come meet “The Girls” from Lizard Lick Towing & Recovery at the Strawberry Festival on Saturday April 28th from 10am until 6pm. The one and only “BIG Juicy”, and the beautiful, yet tough and sexy, Mrs Amy Shirley (the real “BOSS of the LICK”), will be signing autographs and taking pictures with the Lizard Lick fans……..aka “The Lick Nation”. One of the Lizard Lick tow trucks will be there for photos with kids and adults. The Girls will also have the Lizard Lick mobile store on site with all of the latest Lizard Lick T-shirts and merchandise, including the unveiling of the new “Team Amy” tank top design, “the real boss of The Lick”! Come check us out and see what living the “LICK LIFE” is all about! You want to get there early to beat the crowds. This is a once in a lifetime chance to spend some time with the “Girls of the Lick”!!!!! Get ready, cause Amy is hotter than a gasoline-dipped hen at a chicken roast! You’d rather give a grizzly bear a back rub with a hand full of razor blades than miss this event! The festival will take place in Cleveland at Exit 312 off of I-40, behind the Food Lion shopping center. The booth will be located in front of the “Fit for Life” building. Be there or “Get Licked!”

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I'll be there, stop by and say hi at the 4042.com booth!

3. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Redfield Martial Arts will have a booth, come get a frizbee lol:jester:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Wow, did you guys see the article in the newspaper, this year is the largest ever, 166 booths compared to 112 last year, gotta love that our 4042 community is growing & thriving so much! Hope to see a lot of you guys there, we will be having a drawing for a great prize at the 4042.com booth, please stop by & enter to win! See ya there

5. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

festival Performers!

the artical in the paper had some peeps confused they where asking me if they moved it to West Johnston school. in the picture it looks like it from the first glance, but no it is still on tech. Dr. also if you saw that artical and the featurd shows Jessica Jones has a spot from 1:30 to 2:00 and to everyone that knows me YES that is My baby Girl she will be performing some of her favorite songs and then later that evening at the JoCo LoCo compitition at laurel lane interiros she will be competeing for the local talent show. get your tickets now!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Woohoo, GAM, can't wait to hear her, still hard for me to believe she is all grown up!

7. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We would LOVE to go to the festival, but can never find any place to park. Wish there was a shuttle bus; I am sure I am not the only one who has this problem.:?:

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Stop by the RE/MAX Southland Booth, we r giving away a Lowes GC & MY DD is selling raffle tix for an IPOD nano to raise money for the Childrens Miracle Network :)

WOW GM good to know :) my DD Abby is performing at 3 & at JOCO LOCO that night too! I would love to meet you & good luck to yall!

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Oh, would LOVE a shuttle ... impossible to park, or even drive to it some years.

10. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We've never gone & thought about going this year. However, we too have a "bus" to park. Big vans are hard enough to park as it is during something normal like a parking lot. If we do end up going, where in the world do you all park? Also, is there a cost for certain things? Just would be curious how much to bring. Thanks.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I parked @ FL and didn't have any trouble finding a spot. Of course it was 3:00 when I got there tho.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Worked the 4042.com booth all day & great meeting a lot of you guys & hearing how much 4042.com has helped you, never heard anyone complain abt parking, i saw spots open in food lion all day even with the biggest turnout ever, great day but long, i am worn out. Good luck to everyone that got a ticket to win $100 cash on May 1s!

13. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We were there too and found parking pretty easy. As always, the festival was GREAT! Love the Strawberry Festival, I think it gets better every year.

14. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Why can't the festival be moved to somewhere bigger - like C3 parking lot?? Seems so practical and could fit plenty of booths and parking. I love the Strawberry Festival but think the location could be better -- less headaches with traffic/parking, etc.

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree. I love the festival but the crowd on the main stretch is almost unbearable to me. It feel like you are at the fair and you can't stop and look without being pushed by the people behind you.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh yay, then they could accost patrons even more...

I had four in a row try to hand me their bags as I walked by their set up. You would think they heard me tell the person two feet from them "No thanks".

Maybe they could put on their own festival... with a Nascar. Wait, they did that already lol

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually it was held at c3 several years ago, don't know why but decision was made by either c3 or chamber to move it. Actually we are pretty lucky to be able to close off a street on a Sat to hold a local festival & i love to see all the people that come from all over JoCo to support our local community

18. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

I agree Michelle You feel like if you stop for a second to really enjoy a booth you're blocking traffic. Too narrow.

Great festival - but could definitely flow better. Just my humble opinion.

BUT - thanks Chamber for putting it on each year!

19. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

my recommendation would be to move the booths to the back of the curb, so the whole street could be used for walking. it felt very tight this year. we were there 10-11 . parked at the bank across from the end of the festival.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anybody else hate those great big strollers people seem to love to use when it's really crowded? Do they not sell the umbrella ones anymore?