Wanted: Inexpensive Wedding Venue

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sassy_Halo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Sassy_Halo

Sassy_Halo Member

I'm planning a small wedding in September. The guest list is 30 or less. We would like an outdoor wedding (pond, lake, rolling hills) but can't afford the $2000 most vineyards are asking (150 or more guests). Does anyone have suggestions?

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Why not Yates Mill or some area parks? I've performed weddings at Fred Fletcher, YM, Lake Benson...lots of places if you think outside the box.

3. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Try the garner white deer facility at Benson lake --very reasonable

4. Sassy_Halo

Sassy_Halo Member

I was thinking outside the box, which is why I posted. I am relatively new to Johnston County and probably know less than a dozen people. The area is beautiful and I knew there had to be a few places where I could have a memorable and beautiful wedding. My fiancee and I both love the outdoors and prefer nature's decorations to those that are purchased. Thanks for the information and I'll look into those venues.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

My son got married at Lake Benson 2 years ago & it was absolutely beautiful & inexpensive as they come. Good luck & welcome to the area

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

A friend of ours just got married at Stephenson winery. 35 people. I don't know how much it was, but I know their budget was extremely limited. Its really pretty.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ohh.........check with Enoch Winery too. It's nice there as well. :cheers:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Really hope you didn't intend this as condescending as it came out. :?

9. Sassy_Halo

Sassy_Halo Member

Thanks for all the ideas. I checked prices at Hinnant Family Winery and a couple of others. There's a couple of places on 70 Business west of Smithfield that look promising as well. I may have to resort to knocking on doors and introducing myself..lol

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Really?? How so.. I didn't see it like that at all.. had to read it a few times to try and find it but just don't see it there. I guess its a case of how one reads into it.

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

for the ceremony? Try the park in Four oaks, under the white gazebo!! it's free!

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

McDonalds?

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Enoch is a great idea, within the last year or so they built a small wedding gazebo that overlooks the vines and a banquet hall. They are in Benson on Hwy 50, and right off I-95. Great wines too!!

http://www.enochwinery.com/facilities

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have got to get some of the Pear this year. It was SO good! :cheers:

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I realize you meant it jokingly, but I did have friends in Milwaukee that held their reception in McDonald's, no lie.

They were very poor (monetary wise) and realized most of their guest also were.

If you have Love, does it really mater where you hold your celebration?

16. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

I don't know what your budget is but the morning glory inn in Clayton might be idea- The website says it charges $500 for the reception (inside or outside) plus the catering costs. The food there is fabulous - the couple who run it also own Clayton Steak House and the inn is so pretty. Just a thought.

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We got married at Lake Benson park. Beautiful outdoor venue and very affordable!

18. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Not sure how much they cost, but check out Ward's Hollow - http://www.wardshollow.com/

They are pretty new and you get a free tent rental this year. The place looks beautiful. The owners Kim and Annette are great people.

19. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I just got an e-mail from Christmas Tree Shops and they have specials on wedding supplies this week. Thought of you when I saw it...here is the link to their website: http://www.christmastreeshops.com/. Sign up for e-mails and they will send you a $10 off coupon!

You can't see stuff online but they have a TON of decorating ideas and great prices. Closest store is on Skibo Rd. in Fayetteville

20. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

have you looked at southern grace wedding chapel? it is also very affordable.