Baby shower

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 29, 2012.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok girlies, need some advice. Obviously at my age of 53 none of the people my age have had babies lately & the last baby shower i threw was abt 14 years ago. Anyway, throwing a baby shower next sat for my son & dil's first baby & need to get prizes for games, decorations, etc., JAM is doing the cake for me so got that covered. Where is the best place to go for everything & what kind of prizes do i get? Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated, TIA

2. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Will take a little bit to come up with some ideas, but in the meantime...I do have a coupon for 20% off Monday only @ Party City. I will be going to Garner/ White Oak in the morning after I drop the kiddos at school. Would be happy to meet you somewhere in that area, 40/42 or somewhere in between if you want the coupon.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, i live in 4042, will pm u my number, thanks so much!

4. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

The last one I did, I bought a few cute things at Party City like balloons, banners, and a few patterned plates and napkins. Then I went to Dollar Store and bought plain colored plates and napkins to match the patterned ones. Don't know how big the shower will be but we had about 50 people attend so I was trying to save $ wherever I could! One of the younger girls planned the games for me. You can get lots of ideas online for games.

I also bought candles and some other cute things at the Dollar Store for prizes. Couple of bottles of sparkling cider. We got a nice cake, then tossed wrapped candies all over the cake table on the tablecloth to decorate it further. The kids that were there loved that. I had them all fill their pockets with candies as they left, too.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Pinterest. search topic: Baby Shower Ideas. Unbelievably cute themes, games, setup, food ideas, etc,

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

7. wildcatmom7

wildcatmom7 Guest

saw cutest thing at my step-daughters baby shower, pipe cleaners folded to look like a ring,put a lifesaver on top and gum drops on top of that looks like a pacifier.

8. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Kel Bell has got the right idea! but if you still need more help feel free to call me ill incorporate Jess,lol lol

9. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Disclaimer...not saying these are all GOOD ideas, just ideas that I've seen before! :)

One thing that I had at my baby shower that I really liked....the host gave out blank cards that everyone used to write a personal note to the baby for the baby to open and read when they got older.

Some people think it's gross, but I have been to a shower where they had numbered diapers filled with different chocolate bars, each diaper had a different candy bar melted in it. The crowd had a numbered index card they were supposed to write their guess as to what candy bar was in what diaper. Whomever got the most correct, won a little prize.

I've also been to one where the host had everyone give their best piece of advice for raising children.

Timed diaper changes on baby doll...best time wins.

Guess measurement of mother's tummy....closest wins.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I make a mean diaper cake. ; ) Lots of directions for those online. Cute as a centerpiece and useful later.

11. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

I just went to one where all the Mom-to-be wanted was book. You were asked to bring a book that meant something to you. Then instead of playing cheesey games we went around the room and talked about why we choose the book we brought. Was very sweet and touching in a lot of cases!

12. LovingLife10

Speaking of diaper cakes....I still have the one from my baby shower. It's for a boy and was never disassembled. I think I took the toys and things off of it, but the diapers and ribbons holding it together are all still there. If anyone wants it, I'd be glad to part with it now. You'd just have to add the little knick knacks like pacifiers, rattles, etc.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love all the great ideas, i'm scared of pinterest, so many people say it is addictive & i know me, there is a really good reason i don't play fb games anymore.

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I use to do this as a side job... come see me. I have some really good stuff still that you can borrow or wouldn't cost much to "update"

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I need one for a girl, how easy is it to adapt it to a girl?

16. LovingLife10

You'd just need some pink ribbon. I can give you the one with the blue on it if you want to see if there's any way you could use it. I really think you'd just need to change out the ribbon.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Here's a simple game- have a tray with about 6 different jars of baby food. Remove the label. Number each one and then have the guests write down next to the corresponding number what food they think it is. No tasting allowed! Go for the one ingredient jars like sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans etc.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Great, let me know how to get it from you, thanks so much!

19. LovingLife10

Pm'd ya!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks!