Window

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by toysrmel.com, May 2, 2012.

1. toysrmel.com

toysrmel.com Well-Known Member

Looking for advice.

My drivers side window would not roll up this morning, so I thinking it is the motor. As I was driving to work, getting my hair blown back, it fell into the door. I did not hear any crack. Should I just bring it the my auto shop, or should I call a glass company? Would the mobile company have the motor parts? I tried looking on line, and I would call but nothing seems open right now? Don't want my car to sit all day with window open, my look it will rain!

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Auto shop shoudk be able to fix it, but they may have to order a part if they don't have a motor in stock.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You will need to order a new motor assembly. It sounds like the belt broke or separated from one of the clamps on the belt. Check ebay. or google the part number to get the best prices. I have done this on a few cars.

4. toysrmel.com

Thank you! I had this happen before, but it never went into the door, that's why I was worried the window broke. I will be calling the auto shop as soon as they open, not handy enough to do it on my own.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this happened to me before. I got the motor from a salvage yard and saved lots of cash. Then took my car and window motor to a body shop and they put it in for me.

6. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Hope you found your answer

This happened to me before as well. A mobile Glass company (Glass Solutions is local in Garner) can do this for you....I guess a body shop can do it, but that would require you to drive to them. It was just easier for me to get the company to come to me. I believe it was the regulator that needed to be replaced!? Good Luck!

7. toysrmel.com

It was a regulator and i took it to the auto shop today! I wish i had called a mobile company, i was not sure if they could come and I never got a call back form the companies i called. oh, well!

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

personally, I wouldn't want a guy that installs windsheilds to put a motor in my door, but that's just me. Glad you got it taken care of.