Just "WOW"

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ffnc27592, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ffnc27592

ffnc27592 Well-Known Member

Just ate at Andy's at 4042. What a dump!!!!!! Order was wrong and my drink ran dry. There might of been 4 people in the restaurant the whole time. $35.00 dollars later the family went home hungry.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Next thing you know they will be changing their name! 8)

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Didn't realize they were even still there!

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I had a friend who raved about the original (AWAIK, or care) location in Goldsboro. On that recommendation, I went to the one in Smithfield about 3X before giving up on them (the kid loved the cardboard cars), and my one visit to the one at 40/42 was even worse.

Bad food, lousy service...granted, it's been a long time since I've been there, but why go back -ever- when there are so many options. The Cook Out 100 yds. up the road springs to mind.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Andy's Highway 55 is the new name. Announced about a month ago. Originally named 'Andy's' after the owners son. He couldn't get the rights to just the name.

to the OP, I will notify someone who does really care about your experience there.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

AWAIK? Define, please.

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

typo...AFAIK

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

For any others who are internet slang challenged like myself, I Googled it -

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

It makes sense now, but for all I knew it was some top secret government agency.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks............cause I was still going WTH? :jester:

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I tried that a few years ago when we repeatedly had bad service at the Smithfield location. I received an email apology and a promise to do better. However, we never went back to see if they held up on that promise. We have had good service and good food at the Andy's in Knightdale consistently and on many occasions at the one in Clayton. The same cannot be said for Smithfield, Kenly, Princeton, or Snead's Ferry. (Yes, my boys love their burgers and I love their orange-ade). To the OP, did you say anything to the manager there? I have never been to that location. Just curious.

11. KellBell

I sent a link to this thread to the COO. He got it.

12. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I tried that once and it worked not so much. The next visit was worse than the first. In the restuarant business only 10% of the people complain the other 90% just won't go back!!

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I always complain when things aren't right. (I also praise when things go beyond expectations).

Businesses and people who are in the service industry are there for the specific purpose of making me happy. That's how they get paid. The word "Service" is in the title of their job, for crying out loud.

If they do exactly what they promise (implicitly or explicitly), I'm satisfied and I pay what was agreed upon (tips are 15%).
    If they go beyond their promise, I will compliment them and recommend them to others (and increase tips if they apply).
    If the business or it's employees don't live up to their promise, I will complain to management or corporate (tips go down unless the server was faultless).

I have had drinks, desserts and even meals comped after I complained. When I have praised, sometimes I also get free stuff (usually after an email to corporate).

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Although I don't patronize Andy's @ 4042 very often, I have had yummy food and decent service when I have been. I went to an Andy's in Castle Hayne while visiting my MIL and also had a positive experience. Lucky, I guess! :)

15. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Like Pirategirl, I do not go to Andy's often, but I have been several times in the past year and have always had a good experience. Just about any restaurant experiences this though....not everyone has the same experience. There are several local restaurants that I've heard wonderful things about, but have not had the same experience when I go myself. I just know that my kids like the kids meals at Andy's, and we have always had average service.

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

And if the COO doesn't care, nobody does.

17. KellBell

He is a very good friend and he cares very, very much.

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure he does. My comment was more in reference to you saying that you would notify someone who really does care. He had better care to be in that position.

19. KellBell

I got your vibe on your comment. :mrgreen:

I have sent him lots of stuff in the past, even my own personal (yucky) experiences. He cares. and so does his boss.

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we go to the 4042 one maybe once every 3 months. Always had a friendly server, the door held open for us coming in and out. food was ok.