A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Hope they're able to fix whatever is killing the pancreas. Will be sending positive thoughts and prayers!! :grouphug:

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Their prices are really good too!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HUGS KDC! :grouphug:

s/n ~ i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired :cry:

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:grouphug: Sorry she's going through so much :(

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Best fries I've ever had were the seasoned waffle cut fries from PD Quix in Garner before it shut down. Their burgers weren't bad either. Would normally order 1/4 lb. bacon cheese burger double meat, large fries, and large drink.

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i used to work there loved them :) they had decent food :)

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, they are making noises about sending her home, however, this is not all good news. She cannot have anything by mouth for the next 4 weeks, not even water. She can't even smell food, because the odor makes your pancreas start to secrete enzymes even before you eat. That can trigger another attack. Her blood sugar is through the roof, because your pancreas regulates that too. The doc flat out said most folks don't survive an attack this severe, so she definitely has an angel sitting on her shoulder.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, I am sure they are helping. :grouphug:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness... sounds like a hard recovery, but glad that it is a good prognosis for her.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope. Unfortunately there are any number of things that can still kill her before it's over.

It's frustrating because she got very sick last fall and they came up with "food allergies" as the diagnosis. I've never heard of anyone becoming allergic to nearly everything they eat at 59 years old. I think it was pancreatitis back then, her symptoms are the same, just more severe.

Hoping docs at a bigger hospital will get to the bottom of it. :?

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Atleast you have to be grateful that its not cancer.

We just got the word today that my cousin has been given approximately 3 weeks to live. She was diagnosed with stage iv pancreatic cancer in Nov. 2010, and she has done the chemo, radiation, participated in every trial that she was qualified to be in, but none of it was enough to ever really put her into remission. She is only 48, has one daughter finishing her freshmen year of college, and another daughter in 8th or 9th grade. She and her husband divorced several years and just remarried last week. Thankfully my aunt and uncle are with her in Georgia, they went down about a month ago when she had to have back surgery and haven't been able to go home yet, with this latest news they aren't going to be able to go back to Massachusetts anytime soon.

Prayers for her and my family would be greatly appreciated.

:cry:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm so sorry Tassy. Of course you have our thoughts and prayers as well. :grouphug::jester:

12. Allioop

:grouphug: Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst because a lot of times people don't recognize the symptoms before it's too late. My father-in-law died from pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed and died three months later. It was so shocking and sudden for us. It was very hard to see him go through so much pain. :(

13. Allioop

I never knew this! I will continue to pray for her. I can't imagine going through that kind of attack.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks, the extra thoughts and prayers are going to help everyone make it through this. :grouphug:

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Pretty much the only fast food burger and fries I've ever liked.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Prayers going out to those going through these hard times, esp. concerning their health and the health of loved ones. :grouphug:

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

+1 :grouphug:

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Freakin Friday!! Holy Crap! woohooo!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I didn't either. This is just the craziest thing ever. She was in so much pain, she told the DR yesterday she thought she was going to die. He told her most people do. :?

Now another cousin has had his 6th heart attack this week and they told him there was nothing left to do. He's had all the bypass's, stents etc that they are able to perform and the rest is up to God.

Both of these people are just good hearted, caring, giving people and it's just :banghead:

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My mother had ovarian cancer and then moved to the pancreas and stomach. It was hard to watch and hear her suffer. Luckily God took her home after a year of suffering.