Septic tank pumping (again)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Resident, May 4, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I searched the forum and found a couple of threads about having a septic tank pumped, but the threads were a year or more old.

I am on borrowed time for getting mine pumped. Can anyone recommend someone who provides this service in the 40/42 or McGee's area? I'm hoping to find someone reasonably priced and local.

Thanks in advance for info.

2. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Try Stallings Septic:cheers:

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hardees is the best

4. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

A-1 Septic Tank Cleaning (919-872-2202) came out to the house and sucked up our poo for $225. I was pleased with the service.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am curious how often do you need to have your septic system pumped?

6. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Looks like it depends on the size of your tank and the number poopers in your house

Refer to page 6 on the link

http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/pdf/WW/publications/pipline/PL_FA95.pdf

Base on my 5 minutes of research it appears the average tank size is 1,500 gallons so for example a family of four would need their poo pumped about every four years.

If you had your house built or had a septic inspection when you bought a pre-existing home, you probably have the tank size info on file

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

is there any signs that the systems need to be pumped?
    I haven't done mine in 15 years!!!!

8. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!! I had no idea it had to be done, and I've been in my house (which was new when I bought it) for 14 years. Way, way overdue! I think if there are "problems" then there will be difficulty flushing, gurgling sounds, or other signs. I'd hate to jinx it, so I'll just say I'm pricing services now to get it done ASAP.

Thanks so much for all the recommendations! I appreciate it very much!

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It's amazing what a box of RidX can do every couple of months

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea of what it would cost to have the leech field lines dug up and re-routed in a different direction? New trenches dug and gravel and the same lines put back in. The goobers who built our house years ago put them in and then realized they needed to reverse the house layout but left the lines flowing the same way. End result is we don't have the ability to build on a porch since they are headed towards the back of the house. We just want them angled. towards the back of the yard.

11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

A whole bunch!!! When I bought my house back in 98, I recall the realtor mentioning that if the leach field ever needed re-doing, it would probalby run about $10K, so I should take good care of mine.