mcdonalds on 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ksokol22, May 7, 2012.

1. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what is going on at the mcdonalds on 42 by foodlion? Are they tearing it down?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am sure that they are just trying to make the franchise meet the latest McDonald's livery. When I was at 4042 on Friday the restaurant was open but the drive through was closed, if they were going to tear it down they would not bother to do this.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

There's a big sign in front of it that says something along the lines of Pardon us while we make your McDonalds better, with a photo of a store that looks like the newer ones like the one on Timber Dr.

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The same person/company owns 40/42 and Timber so yeah, its upgrading.

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

And Garner401/70. whiteoak, clayton, 401/1010, fuquay, smithfield by kmart, newton grove, benson,40/210

6. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

If the same person owns all of those, they are doing all right, I know at one point McDonalds was around 1.3 million gross profit at an average store.

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

They are redoing all the ones in the area. I read an article awhile ago that said the Clayton one would be first, then 4042, etc. At the Clayton one, they removed the playplace structure and expanded the inside seating area. It's nice...it's more in the McCafe style.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

and Rock Quarry Rd. (Raleigh) at the Food Lion shopping center

9. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure they are raking it in but I would also guess they would give it all up to have their precious grandbaby back that died from a very tragic accident awhile back. My prayers go out to them whenever I go to one of their McDonald establishments. The loss of a child/grandchild is a horrible thing, something you truly never get over.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

You might also like to know that they are tremendous supporters of the local areas in which they do business. I thank them for their investment in our school children for academics and good behavior.

11. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I agree with their support--they are currently sponsoring one of my son's ball teams. I am glad thay are sucessful and that they are using some of their money to improve the locations.

On another thought--When my kids are being lazy with schoolwork the threat is always do you want to end up working at McDonalds or do you want to end up being a ditch digger? Now that the 40/42 location you can do both at the same time!!!

12. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't remove the playplace. My daughter loves it.

13. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Yea, the owners are good people and I would say they are doing pretty good for themselves. I think they own up to 15-20 stores i believe

14. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

I spoke with the owner - they are doing away with the outdoor play area. He said they are doing a small play area in the back corner of the restaurant - like the remodel they just did to their McDonalds on 70. Some type of light up table that seats 6 and a light show/game that will shine on the floor. Hope they know what they are doing. I know a lot of people that would stop at this McDonalds over any other fast food restaurant at this exit b/c it had the play area outside and the kids could stretch their legs for travel down 40.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

people are going to stop at this McDonalds (and this exit in general) no matter if they have a playground or not.

16. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I wonder which contributed more to the incomes of local doctors ...the Big Mac and fries, or the playspace. :lol: :ack: