Low fat chicken breast recipes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, May 7, 2012.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am trying to eat healthier and along with that, EAT MOR CHIKIN (as the Chick Fil A cows say it!) Usually I just marinate chicken breasts in fat free italian and grill them but my grill is broken and I'm also trying to mix it up for something different. I have gotten a recipe for Chicken Roasted with Artichokes & Tomatoes and will share it with you if you will share your favorite low fat recipes with me!! Thanks for making me healthy!

Chicken Roasted with Artichoke Hearts & Tomatoes

Serves 4
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
    1 c. cherry tomatoes
    1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 T. balsamic vinegar
    2 T. butter
    1/2 t. dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 t. black pepper
    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In 13 X 9 roasting pan toss tomatoes, artichokes, garlic, vinegar & 1 T. butter; Set aside.

In small bowl, blend remaining 1 T. butter with oregano and pepper. Even spread on tops of chicken breasts, then arrange chicken on tomato mixture.

Raost 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Yum! Sounds good!! I'm trying it tomorrow.

2. shygrrl

Come on!! 77 looks and NO ONE eats chicken?!?!?

3. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

My favorite way to eat chicken is to cut the breasts into strips 1 inch wide and about 3-4 inches long. I heat up a pan with about 2 tb of olive oil and sautée the chicken strips. I season them with steak seasoning and a little crushed red pepper. Takes about 15-20 minutes to cook, make sure you get a nice sear on each side.

Yum!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I either pressure cook in broth with plenty of seasoning to use in shredded chicken recipes, grill them after marinating in Lawry's Steak and Chop marinade if we are looking to keep them low cal.

Otherwise, those things get a nice coating of breading and fried. :lol:

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We eat ALOT of Chicken, skinless and on the grill!

Since your grill is broken, I'm no help. My oven gets used to make Turkey @ Thanksgiving and Pizza every now and again. LOL :mrgreen:

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Alton Brown points out that a broiler is just a grill turned upside down.

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

SALSA is low fat item...

Put it on your chicken toward last few mins of cooking time & then sprinkle some cheese on top of that and let it melt...

Makes for a nice change of taste.

9. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I found a ton of low fat recipes on pinterest, a site that I have a slight addiction too. :D

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I love chicken enchilada casserole...and you can make that healthy! I also do a healthy version of sesame chicken: dip breasts in soy sauce (a couple of Tbsp), dip in a mix of flour and a couple of Tbsp of sesame seeds, throw it on a baking sheet and spray or brush with butter (I use a tsp for all 4 breasts) and bake for about 20 minutes. I serve it with garlic broccoli and it's tasty!

We also season a few breasts with just S&P, bake for 20 minutes, top with a slice of deli ham and swiss and put it back in the oven just to melt the cheese.

These last 2 are my "go to" recipes when I am short on time!

11. shygrrl

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the tips! I will definitely try some of these ideas. I looked in the recipe exchange but did not see much and have looked online and found a few things but you really don't know if they are necessarily good on most sites. I wanted tried and true ideas. I will have to look into Pinterest. Thanks again!

12. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Chicken marinated in the balsamic mix or italian dressing then cut into strips and put on a salad...

Or you can go to walmart and get a grill pan for around $15-20 or so and use that as your "grill"!