New Restaurant in Smithfield?? Where?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, May 9, 2012.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think I remember seeing a thread fairly recently about a new restaurant in Smithfield. Or maybe it was in the paper? Was it seafood?

Heading down there tonight and pickin's are slim for eating IMO. :jester:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Went to a ribbon there recently, Boathouse Seafood & Grill, menu looked great & loved the atmosphere. The owners seemed like really great people & from the food they had out as samples i would say give it a try

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That was it!!!! Thank you!!! :cheers:

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Please let us know how it goes. I have a friend who went during their first week and it was awful. Hopefully they straightened out their issues. We definitely need more choices in this area!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That seems to be the general issue with any resturant that is just opening.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We went last weekend. It was OK. The menu has a decent variety from Calabash Style Seafood to steaks. I'd rate it a maybe a step or two above Mayflower. It's casual and has a bar. I had Calabash Style shrimp and Talapia, both were good. My lady had a ravioli dish, I think it was crab ravioli or something like that, she said it was very good. My only complaint was that the waitress was not very friendly. Actually she seemed disinterested. She never filled our drinks or checked on us, but I will definitely go again.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

THanks for the input!!

I'm not going to make it tonight after all, but hopefully between now and the weekend. I love people that stand you up after they say they are coming. GRRRRR

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love your avatar. You've probably had it a while but I just now noticed it. :mrgreen:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::cheers:

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

....and this is WHERE???

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

RE the avatar, it just struck me as funny one day. And approriate for this forum. :jester:

Dgats, I think the restaurant is on Equity drive, that should be down near the outlet mall. I think it's that road that runs between the outlet and comes out on Brightleaf.

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's right in front of the theater.

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Definitely!

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

It faces N. Equity Dr., between the two shopping strips, next to Super 8 and Sleep Inn.

15. dgsatman

OK - Then WHAT'S in front of the theater??? :?

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's the same place. It's situated behind the group of hotels that sit in front of the theater.

18. dgsatman

Shows how OLD and stuck in the past I am. When anyone mentions "theater" in Smithfield, I think of The Howell, downtown on Third St. There is/was a restaurant across the street from them. Thought that might have been it.

As Gilda Radner (as Emily Letilla) would have said: "Never mind!!!" :)

19. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

we had dinner tonight at boathouse seafood and grill with friends. the crabcake sandwich was excellent. our friend ordered the onion petals (?) as a appetizer. they are small pieces of fried onions. very tasty. we will return.

Last edited: May 11, 2012