A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks to those who said an extra prayer for my cousin who was dying of pancreatic cancer. After her year and a half battle, her bones betrayed her and became so brittle from the radiation and chemo-therapy that she opted to stop all treatments after she broke her pelvic bone and was told that she would not be able to walk. She passed away over the weekend at her home, outside of Atlanta, surrounded by her family and friends.

Damn cancer is all I have to say.

:cry:

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

YUM ....

I finally gave in to my craving of a candy bar ....

A WHATCHAMACALLIT .....

It was Delish ! :lol:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:grouphug: So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

5. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss Tassy. :grouphug:

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Why is it that people who have an evil soul and constantly put others down are believed and prosper but those who honestly want to do the right by everyone around them are the ones who get left behind?

This has always been an issue for me....

7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I try not to let stuff like that bother me; karma has a way of catching up with folks like that.

8. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

May God touch you and your family with His peace which is beyond all understanding. I pray that He comforts all of you. So very sorry & sad for your loss!!

9. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

Your question is not alone. I have pondered this thought many times and have most often come to the conclusion that, life is just not fair & that God never said it would be, but He did say He would always be there for us.

Yet still, I struggled with the times when good people die while seemingly evil people live on. I have had all of my life to ponder this question due to my Dad & his wickedness.

So I say to you, my thoughts are that those who "accept Christ" might go early while those who do not yet get it, perhaps, God, in His infinite mercy, gives them extra time in hopes that they will eventually "accept Christ". I know I hope my Dad will.

I believe that God is full of infinite mercy. Maybe He is just showing mercy to some in hopes that they will come to Him. Who knows why He takes the ones who have accepted Him. But because they have done so, they will live forever in His love.

All of that being said, losing a loved one is such a horrible pain & I do not make light of it. Our loved ones are gifts!!

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

To put a positive spin on this... being left behind might be a blessing in disguise. It may mean that there is another opportunity in the future. I do believe there is a reason for everything that happens (or doesn't happen) in our lives.

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree: So sorry for your loss.

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Tassy. Cancer is cruel. :(

:grouphug:

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Tassy, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. I definitely agree with the damned cancer!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, extra thoughts and prayers are more comforting than you know.

:grouphug:

15. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

SO sorry tassy!!

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Aww Tassy, I"m sorry for your loss

s/n I guess I should be thrilled that I got gas for $3.47/gal? :?

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Tassy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I agree, damn cancer.

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever really seen a full grown sesame?

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I've asked the same question about a full grown brussel.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all.... we drove up to Atlanta (Alpharetta actually) from my moms in FL today, 9 hrs - 600 miles. Wake tonite, funeral tomorrow. :cry:

s/n - Then back to FL on Friday to finish helping my mom get moved. I'm just happy to be able to spend a nice chunk of time with her and consider myself very luck to have such a happy & healthy mom. :hurray: