Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tams, Nov 4, 2011.

1. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

I was losing steady until Jan. I came to a screeching halt and have only lost one pound since. I have tried everything except for bypass. It is so frustrating. I have lost 53 lbs, so I WAS doing something right. Did I mention how frustrated I am?

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

all good girl, found me a nice little workout I can do in the mornings that i actually like since gym in not an option with mine, ds and dh's schedule. We shall see :)

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

oh yea I am a calorie counter, well tracker anyway I use my phone :)

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

So, a friend of mine is now selling the vi shakes and she has lost a lot of weight on it. I was trying to research it a little and ran across this site:

http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/

and thought I would post it here for those looking to compare the nutrition facts of the shakes out there right now. Personally, I am thinking of trying the #1 shake on the list just for breakfast with almond milk. I suck at breakfast and tend to skip it, which is not a good way to start the day or lose weight, really. I am also walking my pooch and working out with the Health on Demand channel skinny chicks, though I look like a chicken having a seizure!:mrgreen: Anyway, my weight gain started in 2009 when I bought a laptop (NO LIE) and I know exactly what to do to lose it again, so no need to try to "save me" from myself. Just thought some who are interested in shakes might like a central place to get information. Good luck to all of you. After 40 it is harder, for women anyway!!:grouphug:

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Ilove the Slim Fast Rich Chocolate Royale. And I love love love the Special K chocolate one. I put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before drinking, its like a milkshake. So yummy.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I use the calorie tracker tooooo! :cheers:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

8. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing this! :) :cheers:

9. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

The bottom line is everyone has to find what works for them. As mentioned before, a lot of people trying to lose weight skip breakfast which slows the metabolism right off for the day and then causes more calories to be consumed than needed because they are overly hungry when mealtimes come. I HAVE to make myself eat healthy snacks and I've learned how important it is to eat every 2.5-3 hours, but to especially eat breakfast. Meal replacement shakes are just an easy way to make sure I get breakfast in because they are so quick and easy and you don't have to think about it. But it doesn't work for everyone and I certainly realize that, even with Body by Vi.

I think a lot of people who aren't happy using the Body by Vi shakes aren't happy because they aren't following the plan and taking in enough calories to keep their metabolism up to lose weight. I would be the same way if I hadn't started using ViSalus thru my nutritionist and personal trainers. My nutritionist was adamant that I still needed to consume about 2000 calories a day(based on my weight loss goals and workout regime). You have to eat 5-6 meals a day, using the shakes for 2, if you want to lose weight on them. There is nothing in the shakes themselves to make you lose weight. There is no chemical, metabolism booster, ephedra, etc. It is purely protein, vitamins and nutrients with the idea being if you put quality nutrition in your body, it will respond by becoming healthy. That's the whole plan for ViSalus. If your 3rd meal of the day and 2 snacks are not healthy, but instead loaded with sugar and fat it doesn't work. Just like if you only have 2 shakes a day and a couple snacks it won't work either because your metabolism bottoms out. It took me working with a nutritionist who is also a marathon runner and athlete to teach me this and she is the one who introduced me to the Body By Vi program. It doesn't come close to any of the shakes you find in Walmart, Target, etc. that are loaded in carbs, sugar and sometimes calories, then lack all the vitamins and nutrients needed. Body by Vi is a *nutritional* meal replacement, not just a weight loss meal replacement and I do think there is a difference.
    As for cost, I don't pay a dime for my shakes because of the referral program ViSalus has. If you refer 3 people to the program, your shakes are free, even if you are just a customer and not one of the promoters. Over the months as people saw the results I have experienced, they ask what I do and I tell them. That is it. I don't actively promote ViSalus but if someone asks I sure don't mind educating them on it and it gets me free product. I'm not trying to push Body by Vi on anyone here, just wanted to clear up a few of the common misconceptions.