West Clayton/Clayton Schools?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, May 25, 2012.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some feedback on parents with kids that either go or have gone to the following schools: West Clayton Elementary, Clayton Middle and Clayton High. We are currently in the Cleveland area (West View & Cleveland Middle) and are looking at land in the Clayton area. I'm really nervous about this, because I've really enjoyed my kids schools, and this is not something I want to ignore.

So I'm looking for the good, the bad and the ugly! And if anyone's had experiences with both areas of schools, that would be wonderful! Thanks everyone!

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

:popcorn:

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I grew up in Clayton, and my kids have been at Clayton High for the last 3 years (transfer from Johnston Christian Academy) I know little about the Middle schools, but I have been well pleased with CHS. My kids made a very smooth transition, and have done well academically and socially. My daughter is graduating with honors this year, and my son is a rising senior.
    There are problems (drugs, discipline, etc) in ALL schools today, and I'm sure CHS has its share. It probably all depends on YOUR kids as to how they accept/reject peer pressure as to how they handle life's temptations. I have been blessed with kids that SEEM to have made good choices, particularly in the company they keep and the friends that they've made.
    To sum up: A lot of it will depend on your kids. CHS has its share of problems, but from what I've seen and heard, probably less than some of the other schools in the county.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

5. kris904

kris904 Guest

Hi I have a son in west clayton.I have not had any problems with the school,Teachers and staff are great.I am very please with west clayton so far!

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have a child in 1st Grade at West Clayton... And so far it has been good!! Haven't had any real problems. Had a problem on the bus but it was nothing that a phone call did not fix.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I worked at WCE for 5 years and loved it. Very talented teachers work there!

8. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

My friend is a teacher at the Clayton Middle. She is an excellent teacher and I would be happy for any kid lucky enough to have her. I feel she goes above and beyond...really going out of her way with neat little projects. I am sure anyone who has had a child in Mrs Strouds biotechnology class will agree!

9. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

West Clayton is a good school, teachers are very good. PTA is very involved.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think any school is what you make of it.

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and what some people call 'bad' is not necessarily 'bad' to another.

and I may have a great experience with a teacher or the administration, you may not.