Break-In...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mparkins7103, May 30, 2012.

1. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give a heads up...we live in Southhills (42/Cornwallis) and we had a guy who lives in our subdivision come by last night and let us know he leaves for work @ 315am and Tuesday on his way to work coming by our house he saw a car sitting in the middle of the road (Keri Dr) once he starting driving toward it 2 men came from our garage jumped in the car and took off...he did not get a car make or model but said it looked like 2 younger men...the did some how get a window unlocked and opened but lucky us he must have scared them off just in time because nothing was taken....just wanted to give a head up..not much info but it might help someone in the area.

2. cheapo

cheapo Member

break in

good to know...by chance did you let sheriff dept know?

3. mparkins7103

Yes I did and I filed a report with them....He said there has not been anything else reported...at least for that subdivision.

4. jessiejames2

jessiejames2 Member

break-in

thanks for posting.

5. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

time to re-load the shotgun

6. mparkins7103

check :lol:

7. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

SouthHills neighorhood

A week ago Saturday, I had two younge men knocking on my door telling me they were bug sweepers. I spoke with them for a few minutes and they were very kind younge men. But it felt weird, when they left the house they left no business card or promotion leaflet.
    they Just said thank you and gone. I did call the sheriff office and spoke with one of the detectives and he also said nothing to report about SouthHills. I hope we continue to be great neighbors and keep each informed on safety in our neighborhoods. I have seen a father step up in our neighborhood to stop speeders in here. Big high fives for him. He put his own life in question to protect the little ones playing and being children. Good job man. Lets continue to keep our neighborhoods safe. From one neighbor to another neighbor.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yep yep!

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Excellent advice! Talk to your neighbors, know your neighbors, watch out for your neighbors...even if you don't have a big ol' friendly cookout every weekend it's good to know someone is watching your back.

10. PirateGirl

My mom and dad had the best neighbors (lived in Southwoods)...weren't in each other's business, but they did look out for one another. I have tried to form some kinda relationship w/ our neighbors...notsomuch! The ones on one side of us are cool....don't hang out or anything. but I do think they would watch out for us as we would them! :)

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I have neighbors?
    I do on one side and across the street but I would not know them if I tripped over them.
    And in my old house on Cleveland road...I wish to h*ll I didn't know my neighbors.....

12. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Never had any trouble here. Southills resident as well. We have 3 dogs. There is no way they're getting in. In college, I had 2 dogs. One attacked an intruder breaking in. Another time, I was letting the dog out and met a man w/ a machetti (can't spell it). I said you drop the knife or I drop the leash. Dog was going ballistic. He dropped the knife and ran. I've always said dogs are the best protection.

If in Southills though, lock the vehicles. Last year they had some teens taking items. And, one of our neighbors had some pricey equipment taken out of his work van.

I agree w/ being alert and looking out for each other. Helps immensely.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

13. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I have an alarm system, 3 dogs and a gun..let them try :). Oh and I have good neighbors...who I would watch out for as well :).

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Pretty Close to home...at least they didn't hurt her...

http://www.wtsbradio.com/

15. PirateGirl

Thieves at it again...Hit my neighbor's house off Sanders Road...Grrrr!