Cupcakes at Millstock tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 1, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Found out today that Candice Schmitz will be at booth #19 at Clayton's Millstock tomorrow,I wonder if that's the same lady that opened the cupcake store in downtown Clayton?

2. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I got the strawberry cupcakes from the store and they were terrible and not fresh. I should have taken them back but I was too far away. Anyone else experience this. I've had a few people tell me that they have purchased things and they didn't seem fresh.

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the place on Main Street beside the old pantry (sorry don't know what the store's name is now), this is not the same lady. The Lady on Main Street is Nancy Jo.

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Will Main Street be closed during Millstock? If so where will the barriers be located?

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Not closed, we just came back from there.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks! Had been looking for that info but couldn't find it online anywhere.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It was nice to meet Annette today! Great pottery pieces!!

:cheers:

8. AnnetteL

Thanks Tassy!

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Annette, Do you ever set up at the Farmer's Market in the Clayton town square? We were there from 9-1 yesterday while our sons' band played at the market. There were some good vendors there and a good crowd came through. We bought produce, flowers, rib rub, bbq sauce, sugar free confections, and saw lots more I would have loved to buy! We didn't make it down to Millstock, but I would love to see what ya got!

10. AnnetteL

Thanks! Yes I did set up there once or twice but since people are mostly shopping for fruits and vegetables I didn't do as well there compared to Millstock,I do sell it a several Galleries throughout NC.

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That makes sense...I'll try to catch you at another time. I am happy to see Clayton doing well with downtown events like the market, Millstock, the Harvest festival, etc. With all the folks who live around here now, I hope the town leaders will continue to find ways to bring people to local events rather than always taking their dollars to Wake county.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know the rib rub and sauce guy... we bought some too, can't wait to try it!! He is a great chef!

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

He is definitely a good salesman...and the samples were good too!! They are nice folks with the cutest little girl! She kept dancing while the boys were playing. I think she wanted to play drums...her mom kept having to hold her back! I told my son her had his first groupie! :jester:
    I think we are trying out the sauce this afternoon. :cheers:

14. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Wifey and I opened a booth at millstock. We did well considering the turnout. So well that she now wants to go try the Raleigh flea market Saturday. This should be interesting....

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

what was she selling?

16. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

We had a jewelry booth set up # 31

17. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

If that was the same day I think - one of the boys bought a paracord bracelet from me - I applaud the kids for playing there. A lot of my daughter's friends got their start playing anywhere they could.

Martha

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

If it was really loud, it was probably them! We had a blast hanging out at the square and they were so excited to be asked to play another set after a quick lunch break! We are thankful they had a chance to play there! They have their first paying show on July 4th and then another on July 22. Hoping they will continue to be as fortunate moving forward as they have been so far! We've met some great folks! Hope sales go well for you! Those bracelets have been really popular!!