Speed Trap on 70 in Garner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 1, 2012.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Don't you think that if they raised the speed limit, people would still push that limit and go over it? I don't see how raising the speed limit stops speeders. There are still people doing 80 on a stretch of highway where the posted speed is 70. How high should it go?

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Yep, I ( I mean they) sure would !!! Agree..

3. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

If we lowered speed limits to 2 mph, we could probably reduce highway deaths to almost zero. How low should it go?

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

In the 8 years or so that I have had a good radar detector, I have probably been pulled over 3 or 4 times. I have never received a ticket. And I do speed, but usually on roads like the 70 bypass when there are very few people on it. Say what you want about speeding and being reckless. But I have raced all kinds of cars and motorcycles semi-professionally (NHRA, SCCA, and NESBA) on real tracks all over the East coast. I have complete control of my car at any speed I feel comfortable driving under the right circumstances. I've logged 150k miles on my car in the last 5 years (probably over 10-20k of that through the VA and DC areas with my radar detector visible and on). Can't understand where you come from when you say detectors guarantee me a ticket.

5. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

My LOTS AND LOTS of fines was when I was a teenager. And YES my lesson has been learned thank you. Like I said if you do the CRIME you need to pay the TIME.. JS! SERIOUSLY... SMH

6. rwilkerson

rwilkerson Active Member

Because the radar detector is your warning, and I promise you that an officer isn't going to want to stand there, waiting to get hit by a car and listen to you about how good of a driver you are.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So... What agency do you work for? :allears:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Wow, I only got one fine when I was a teenager and learned my lesson.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep, that's the lesson with my teenage drivers...one and done(and they pay for that one) ...or the license gets turned in on the second one. So far, there has not been one for either of them.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Mall cops

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

And some people disagree over whether money should have an owner. Just ask the "Occupy Wall Street" group.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

we are talking about speeding not call girls :lol:

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

almost three years ago I got a speeding ticket on the stretch of 70 going through Selma. Doing about 70+ in a 55 zone. I thought the whole stretch was 70mph from the bypass on through Selma. Well I had to go to drivers Ed over at JCC. The instructor was the sheriff from Princeton. I remember he said "if it wasn't for speeders our tax rates would be higher." So the next time your property taxes don't go up thank someone for speeding :)