local trash service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ARedhead, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ARedhead

ARedhead Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. Does anyone know of a local trash service that wont be selling out to Waste Industries in the near future? We had All Star for 7 years and were pleased then they 'transitioned' to WI. So we changed to Ken's Trash and have been good until I got an email they are selling out to effective today. WTH? No warning or anything.

We prefer to support a local company vs that monster, just not keen on WI. I am sure some of you have them and love them. This thread is not to start an argument about how good they are. I just want options.

Next step would be a JoCo sticker.

2. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Yep!!

3. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

I just got an email also, well back to taking trash to the dump. Ken's was nice while it lasted. I wonder what the buy out offer is for a small company like that from Waste Industries?

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Too bad. Just another step in WI's strategy of buying up all the competition and raising rates through the roof, I'm sure.

5. ARedhead

Oh well. Thanks....sucks that another local business is gone.

6. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I got the email, too. Posted about it in the other forum :cry:

7. Tornado

Tornado Guest

We use ABC Sanitation (919-662-2988). We were also fed up with WI, so we changed about 6 months ago! They are alittle bit more expensive than WI, but I had rather pay more and get better and reliable service! If I remember correctly, they guarantee your pickup time and day (we were having severe problems with WI not picking up - they had no problem cashing my check though). I do hope that they have no plans of selling out!

8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

We also had All Star and then Ken's. I hate WI with a passion!

Josephine Rd looks like a trash heap because of them. I followed one of their trucks down the road one day into my subdiv. All the way they had the top of the truck open and trash was just blowing out. When I finally stopped the driver and asked him why he was traveling with the top open he told me it was company policy! I was going to call WI and raise cain and then I decided since I was already a heart patient to just let it go and hope it got better rather than blow another gasket. It didn't. Since I don't have a PU I'll have to look to alternative providers, if any are left!

9. ARedhead

So is ABC the only one left at this point? I'm willing to try anything other than WI at this point.

10. ARedhead

Anyone know anything about Republic?

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Brocks Sanitation.

12. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Having /using a joco sticker, I'm no help.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I second ABC Sanitation, I pay a few dollars than WI, but I'm okay with that for not having to deal with WI. I switched to ABC after Advantage and then All-Star sold out to WI. My ABC price is $66/qtr.

Brocks didn't service my area and Republic charged more than I wanted to pay. This is quoted from my last search for trash companies a little over a year ago.

14. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I will third ABC. They are a local family owned business. Although there are no guarantees I would be very surprised if Brent sold out. We pay $326 a year for trash and recycling.

15. rincmom

rincmom Well-Known Member

I just signed up with Brocks Sanitation this morning. I won't do busniess with WI either. I liked Ken's and am sorry they sold out to WI too. This is the third time this has happened.

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I use Brock's Sanitation too. They have never missed my trash. They are a Local Family owned business.

17. KellBell

Did you know they live right across the street from our neighborhood? I love them. Good people.

18. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I will be going with Brock as well. When I called them the lady I spoke with said she had received several calls this morning from former Kens customers.

19. KellBell

they are good folks. my boys are responsible for trash to and from curb, and being the teenagers that they are, they have 'forgotten' a couple of times. I have called them, and they came by on an unscheduled day to pick it up.

20. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I use a JoCo sticker. I would never pay over 300 for trash pick up. Oh my gosh. How do yall know Ken didnt want to sell? I had Kens and wasnt happy at all. They kept missing my house. I dropped them. Glad yall had good luck with him. I now pay 65 doll hairs a year!