Crawfish Day - NC Farmers Market 06/09/12

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Jun 8, 2012.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Great day for crawfish lovers! From past experience. Be there early!
    Crawfish Day!
    Saturday June 9th From 10:00 am until sellout!

$6.00 lb. live - $7.00 lb. cooked
    *5 lb. Minimum for live
    *1lb. Minimum for cooked
    *25 lb. limit per person

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Will that be in the building back in the corner (where they normally sell seafood)?

3. gcoats3

No. It is usually in the field to your right as you enter the Farmers Market parking area. There will be a tent!

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Good to know, thanks. :)

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I had my first crawfish a few weeks ago down at Joes Crab Shack in Fayetteville. While i didnt ceare for the heads much, the tails were pretty tasty. That would be worth going tomorrow for a few pounds.

6. gcoats3

You only suck the juices out of the head if they are boiled! I hope you did not try to eat the head. LOL

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

No, they were boiled and i did suck the head out. Not much flavor I didnt think. The waitress said some people spit in the heads and then suck it all back out. After hearing that, it was tails only.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They were good! :cheers:

9. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

I got the last 7 lbs.
    Just a note for others=make sure the crawfish died where you are eating them- Many times they will boil and freeze them somewhere else and then steam them at the resturant. No comparison to the real deal.

10. gcoats3

I believe the waitress was pulling your leg. Lived in Louisiana and have seen a lot of things but never saw anyone "spit" in the head. Many Louisianians open the head and eat the fat/butter like in the head. But never heard of anyone spitting. Can you imagine that in a restaurant? Good grief

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    Heading to Shreveport this week, I will eat my share there!