Our dachshund Willie ;-)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 10, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Helping with cleaning up our back yard...
    [​IMG]

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i am apparently uninformed about the dachshund breed...never seen a fuzzy one before! so cute! you can tell who's in charge. ;)

3. AnnetteL

Thanks! He was supposed to have been a wirehair dachshund but the daddy was a smooth hair and mom a wirehair ;-) Our other one runs like crazy when the heavy equipment is running ;)

4. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

yes there are short hair, wired hair and long hair dachsund.

5. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I have two short hair. Want a wire hair, but they are hard to find.

6. AnnetteL

Try Carter's Dachshunds in Lumberton,however you can also find them at many of the dachshund rescue groups!

7. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

I have a smooth haired red dauchshund & just love him to pieces. He is such a loyal little fellow & is in heaven when his "mommy" comes home from work.

8. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have a smooth coat red Mini.. She weighs between 8-12 pounds.. Depends on what she eats :) This picture was from this weekend when I took her to the River.. Which she ended up jumping in at the end of the pier! lol
    [​IMG]

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My first dog was a wire-haired doxie ... but he didn't like me, so he ran away from home. :lol:

He was my Dad's dog .. then Dad got married, and Hector got used to having my Mom around. Then my brother was born and was crawling on HIS floor .. chasing after him, doing things that toddlers do to dogs. Hector tolerated my brother, but not much. Then *I* came along ... and for a wire-haired dog, he apparently had soft velvety ears and I kept wanting to cuddle up with and rub them. Hector had enough and ran away one day, we never found him.

Doxies are great dogs, a good friend has a short-haired red dapple named Spot who is close to 19 years old. He has always gone everywhere with her!

10. AnnetteL

What a cutie!

11. AnnetteL

Was your Dad German by any chance? ;) I was just wondering since especially a few years ago you didn't see too many wire hairs in the US.

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Ha, wow ... you're good! Yes, German (Saxony) .. but several generations back. Next time I talk to him, I'll have to ask where he got the dog from!

13. AnnetteL

Cool,thanks! :)

14. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Come to think of it.... I had a dog show up at my house who looked like what the Wire hair dotties do... We always just called her "WD" for Wire Dog! lol Wonder if it was one or not. It just showed up and she was brown. Then she had 1 puppy who we tried to keep but she ran away with WD.

15. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I got my first through a rescue group and when I asked them to find me one, they brought one over that bit everyone in my family LOL

I will look into the Lumberton people when I can convince hubby that I NEED another doxie :jester: