Adult Diapers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tit4Tat, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I have about 290 adult diapers (unused and in package lol) if anyone knows any person that could use them. My 85 year old dad broke his hip and needed some at the time. I was his caregiver and have lots of extra as he does not need to use them anymore. These things are VERY expensive and I want to give them to someone that can use them. The elderly are on budgets and just message me if you need to keep it discreet. Thanks and let the jokes begin. I am sure they will.

Or if you know of a rest home that may need them. Message me! I dont remember if I can post this here or not. I am sure yall will let me know as soon as I hit the "post" button!!! LOL,

Oh, there is no charge for these. Just needed to clarify!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

T4T- What size are they?

If my Mom can't use them, I can give you the name of a few places where you can donate them.

3. Tit4Tat

Looks to be a pretty big size. My dad is 6 foot 4 and 180..they are not like the "panty" ones. they look like an actual diaper. He got them with the rest home he had to temporarily go to. They are packaged in clear plastic and I dont see a size anywhere. Looks like it could be one size fits all? As the sides have adhesive you can adjust.

4. JenniferK

I know this may sound silly, but sometimes you can tell the size by the color. Are they yellow or white or blue? LOL

5. Tit4Tat

Ok, they are white. LOL

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

hey TitTat , how's it going:lol:

7. Tit4Tat

Hey Raven! Great!

Jenn just found it. They are mediums...I feel like DUHHHH! LOL

8. JenniferK

I can't use them for Mom, but there are several nursing facilities that would love to have them. You can ask to speak to the activities director or social coordinator, and just tell her you'd like to give them to a resident who can't afford them. They'll match you up!

9. Tit4Tat

Thanks Jenn! Just thought I would start here. My mother was going to throw them away..NOPE. LOL. I cant. Not when there are so many elderly and others in need! I will continue to check around. Maybe assisted living places? IDK..

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I think it is nice that you are doing this. When my mother passed we gave away cases of ensure that was unused because I just could not throw something away that someone else needs.

Sherry

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

If you want I can check with Oakview Commons in Four Oaks. It might be a good place... a lot of the people there are not just elderly but mentally impaired. Young and old.

12. PoodleMom

PoodleMom Member

You can also donate to Jo Co Council on Aging. They take care of home bound people that can't get help from other sources. They are located in Smithfield

13. PoodleMom

PoodleMom Member

Most people that live in a facility have Medicare or Medicaid that pays for their diapers. It's the ones at home that don't have the resources that they would help

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

dan and hughey are going to need some come first week in november. :lol:

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

and not all the people there have that.

16. Tit4Tat

taking them to the brian ctr on dairy rd. clayton. Thanks yall!!