Bacon !! We love bacon !! LOL.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tit4Tat, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS? Will you be trying any of it?
    Burger King will soon offer a bacon sundae! It's vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon.The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.~WRAL.COM

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I am gonna try it..hehehe

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I was in Blowing Rock last week, and there's a delicious cupcake bakery there. I tried the bacon maple cupcake. Sounds weird, but it was soooo good. I wasn't expecting that at all. Let us know about BK's dessert if you try it!

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I saw a program on .. I don't remember what channel .. about a week ago that was talking about those bacon maple cupcakes!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Broke Girls!

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Nah, have never seen that - had to look it up to see what it was! lol - it was on food network, or discovery channel, or something ... they showed the company that came up with the idea, and how they make them .. I think the whole episode was on bacon. One of the other blurbs they did was on 'bacon on a stick', which was a popular treat at whatever fair they were at. From googling, looks like it was called "Bacon : Unwrapped" on Food Network.

7. Allioop

Speaking of bacon - I can never get it to cook right in the microwave! Either burns or is not done. :x

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If you have a Sam's Club membership, we get the Hormel Black Label pre-cooked. It's 72 slices you heat in the microwave. It's delicious, and little mess. I rarely fry bacon anymore unless DH needs it raw for a recipe, like the jalapeno poppers he makes on the grill.

9. Allioop

I'll definitely have to try the Hormel pre-cooked! I've bought precooked before, but it was a different brand and it didn't have much taste.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It really is good, I prefer it to most other bacon.

I'd love it if it would come in a black pepper version though. That stuff is tasty on a burger or BLT.

11. Allioop

Oh yeah! I'm getting hungry. :lol:

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Sounds turble

13. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the turkey bacon?

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

ummmm.....that's cheating on bacon.

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I like the Smithfield's brand and even Food Lion brand is good most of the time. I spray a stainless steel baking sheet with Pam, lay out the strips and cook on 350 in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or so, depending on the cut of the slices. Cooks evenly, no trouble at all, and clean up is easy. And, you have the cooktop free to cook the other breakfast items. Yum!!

On the sundae thing, I would try it. I like salty and sweet.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As a side note The Clubhouse has some smoking good bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers.

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

My pork bacon doesn't mind. In fact, sometimes I have a three way with my pork bacon and my turkey bacon.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They'd be better if they made them like Dawns.... that lil' smokie in the middle just puts them over the top!

:cheers:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A little pulled pork is great in there too. 8)

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I always wondered how to bake bacon ... gonna have to give this method a try!