Summer Reading

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I couldn't find the thread about book suggestions. Anyone have suggestions for some good summer reading? Right now I'm about to finish "The Year of Fog" by Michelle Richmond. It's hard to put down!

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Pick up a classic!!!

Too much is being made about modern literature. Sure, enjoy a book or two by John Grisham, Steig Larson, or Orson Scott Card. There are many good books written in the past few years.

But what about Jane Austen? Robert Louis Stevenson? Herman Melville? Edgar Rice Burroughs? H. G. Wells?

When was the last time you read something from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or Alexandre Dumas?

I just recently re-read Homer's Oddeysy, which was as good as the first time I cracked the spine. I'm now getting back in to the John Carter series because of the movie (movie was ok, book was/is far and away much better).

3. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

When you get the Kindles or E-readers, all the old classics are free. I either wasn't required to read them or just didn't. Now that I have an E-reader, that is what I am reading. There are many, many old books just to read and they are all free. I have enjoyed what I have read immensely and have not bought any books yet.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Have you read the '50 Shades' Series? if not, I highly recommend. :mrgreen:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol:
    you so bad!

6. Allioop

I haven't yet. A lot of my friends have. I heard they are good!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Of course The Help and The Hunger Games series, if you haven't already read them.
    If you read The Hunger Games, and liked it, another series that is similar by Veronica Roth is very good! The first book is Divergent. :)

8. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Very good books!

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

".......of Grey" ?

They're ALL true!!! 8)

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If you like this try reading The Beauty series by A.N. Roquelaure....aka Anne Rice.

11. lightningmcqueen

lightningmcqueen Well-Known Member

50 Shades

Hands down best books of the summer. So good I read em twice in the course of just over a week.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Lindy's college football preview magazine is out. That will be the extent of my summer reading.

13. Allioop

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely read 50 Shades series soon.

14. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

hahahaha! this one made me laugh.

15. KellBell

you should. you'll be glad she did.

Christian Grey is making husbands happy globally. 8)

16. KellBell

me? nevvvaaaa:mrgreen:

17. KellBell

The 50 Shades of Grey trilogy is the first fiction series I have read in over 20 years. Seriously, a very good story.

18. harleygirl

sexcellent reading material!!! :mrgreen:

19. harleygirl

yes you. :twisted:

so, if i wanted to read the 50 shades and I don't have a kindle, etc... where can i get the actual BOOK(s)? amazon?

20. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

EVERYWHERE/ANYWHERE :)