Drama at Wal-mart!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mypaperheart, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in knowing exactly how this happened? How do you shake down someone? Why would a WalMart employee do this? And why would't you report it law enforcement?

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Law enforcement authorities are asking shoppers at a local Wal-Mart store to be cautious after elderly women were targeted last week. On June 7, the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office said two elderly victims reported their wallets were stolen while shopping at the Wal-Mart at 5141 Highway 42 West in the Cleveland community.

Afterwards, the suspect used the credit card immediately to make high dollar purchases. The suspect made the purchases at the electronics counter then left the store with the merchandise. Lt. A.R. Benson said it appears the suspect was driving an older style Toyota passenger car with pop-up headlights. The car is primer gray and missing hub caps on the rear driver side and front passenger side.
    The suspect is a black male, 5 foot 11, 165 pounds.
    Deputies said no injuries were reported during last Thursday’s incident but they want to locate the suspect as quickly as possible. Anyone with information about the thefts is asked to contact the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office at 919-989-5010. Callers may remain anonymous. http://www.wtsbradio.com/

Article doesn't say how their wallets were stolen - but I see women ALL the time with their purses just sitting in the cart, and they'll just walk away from it...NOT a good idea!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  6. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you're so poetic I think I luv you.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Going along with the link above...Last year I was at our 40/42 Walmart with hubby and kids. Hubby and kids were sitting on the bench by the restrooms waiting for me to pay. When I was done, hubby pointed out that outside of the restroom was a cart sitting alone with a small child in it (toddler age). We decided to sit there and see what happened, make sure there was a parent or someone that was coming back. After about 5 minutes (maybe less) a woman came out with another small kid, put the other child in the cart, then went back into the bathroom! Now, remember, if I saw this for about 5 minutes, it had been happening before I even got there! The woman came out after just a minute or so and left, but I couldn't believe anyone would do that! I would NEVER leave my kid alone like that, EVER! I have 3 boys, and there have been times that it's been very difficult going into bathrooms, but it doesn't matter! One time I drove to NY with all three of them by myself, and I only used the bathroom once the whole 12 hour drive, and when I did, I took them into the bathroom with me and made them stand directly outside of my stall so I could see their feet the whole time. You gotta do what you gotta do!

11. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

12. Tit4Tat

13. Tit4Tat

14. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

16. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

LOL, here too...I just can't get the whole visual out of my mind. They must have had to unscrew the seat from the bowl and haul her out. I'm so glad I hover when I use a public restroom!

17. Allioop

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Ummmm.......why would you even sit on a seat that looked wet, and with the superglue it had to look wet.

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

First thought, the lady super-glued her own posterior to the seat with the plan to sue Wal*Mart.

Super-glue, once squeezed out of the tube, doesn't stay wet very long. Super-glue is a "60-second" glue. The practicle joker (presuming there was one) had to have exited the stall just moments before the distressed damsel entered to sit down.

20. Allioop

:lol: I didn't think of that!